“OUTSTANDING, Service & Support”

Hilton Namhae Golf Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Namhae-gun
Maryland Heights, Missouri
“OUTSTANDING, Service & Support”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Planned on a few weeks and decided to extend to a month
When I return to Korea, next month this is where I will stay!
Fantastic food, views, rooms servic and scenic drive all in one:-)
Thanks for being there and making my stay more enjoyable!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
danielalcaraz, Manager at Hilton Namhae Golf Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 1, 2011
We would like to thank you for your energizing feedback!

I am glad that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and I will let the chef know that you like his food so much! Upon your return, we will be delighted to prepare your favorite dishes.

In Hilton Namhae Golf and Spa Resort, we are continuously working on maintaining the standards of excellence and quality, while respecting the environment and supporting the community.

I personally look forward to welcoming you back again.

Daniel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed like 4times and i loved it all the time... Im korean so i know about korea... But this hotel..So clean.. Amd if i like golf... It will be so nice... The sea view... Sea side ground... Really nice

• Stayed January 2011
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed November 17, 2010

My wife and twin boys loved the Namhae Hilton Resort during our 3 night stay during the Chuseok holiday in September. Weather was great and best of all the VIP service from the Hilton Manager from Daniel Alcaraz made our stay memorable. I was expecting a 1 bedroom 1 bath but was pleasantly suprised to find that the suites were 2 bedroom 2 baths with a separate living room. All with a modern touch and a great balcony facing the ocean. The buffet meals were delicious and the boys enjoyed the swimming pool and kids activities while I hit the golf course and the best relaxing indoor/outdoor spa bath of any golf course I've been to in Korea. Their 70 minute massage service topped off the pampering service. Watching the sunset while dining on the Hilton restaurant balcony was very romantic. Nahae Island itself is very scenic with its steep mountains and wide southeast coast beaches. Until a new bridge was completed a couple years ago there was little development but now Pensions (condo/motels) are popping up and tourist and more tourists are discovering the beauty of Namhae. Nothing on Namhae compares to the Hilton so will be back next year. A very satisfied guest,

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
danielalcaraz, Manager at Hilton Namhae Golf Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
The team and I we would like to thank you for your loyalty and patronage, and we are really looking forward to welcoming you and your lovely family again soon.
USA
Reviewed November 10, 2010

The hotel is beautiful and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It is a perfect place is you wish to lay and do nothing but relax. However, due to its location, you definitly need to rent a car if you want to get out and see the island. I would recommend renting a car as they are so cheap to rent and you will probably spend the same amount on a couple of taxi rides as you do renting the car for the full trip + you then have the flexibility to visit more places.

One evening we had to leave the Hotel restaraunt because everything we asked for on the menu they did not have in stock! Unacceptable in such a high star Hotel.

i thought perhaps we might be treated "different". I was wrong. We were treated great, as if we were king and queen of the resort! We checked in late when we go there, so the bell boys were gone, but the front desk supervisor herself took our bags to our room! That is what you call service !!!!! and she was so verwhelmingly friendly, kind, and helpful..

I am totally going back next year.The ONLY drawback (if it is really...) is that the resort is located all the way on the other side of the island.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joanUsa
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 18, 2010

The total atmosphere is very nice, you can come down to peace. It is such a beautiful resort, great facilities for those Golf lovers. Staff are fantastic, surprisingly they speaks well English, which you can find it very difficult in South-Korea, but they are well trained here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Seoul
Reviewed September 6, 2009

STAYED AT: Grand Villas

CLEANING: OUTRAGEOUS. Discovered dead bugs and a live spider in the tub on the first day. Tried to wash it down with shower myself, when I found webs on the shower handle. (Sister discovered a dead bug in one bed on the second floor later) Immediately called housekeeping, said they'd come and check. I admit they came fast, but when turned out to be just one woman, and no cleaning kit. Took her to see the tub, she apologised,said the room was cleaned out this morning, but as more than one person cleans one villa, it may be easy to miss some points. AS IF I'D BUY THAT!!!! THIS COMING FROM A 5 STAR RESORT I ASK YOU!!!! Then, she took some toilet paper, scooped up the spider, and then asked us if we'd like the tub cleaned. OF COURSE!!! When answered yes, she just took a towel off the rack and wiped the tub with it. Was so flabbergasted just saw the woman out. Never used the tub after that during my 3 days stay.

There's also an outdoor bath next to a very shallow private pool (more like a pond. just knee deep for adults) . The outdoor bath had sand and soil inside. When I asked the woman who was in charge of THAT tub, she said that was managed by the guys who saw to the pool. Was dead tired of this by then so said just forget it.

Went out to the main pool in the resort, they had white mattresses on the sun chairs. Went for closer look, and and a shoe print smack on the white. Never went to the pool after.

I may be a little picky, but c'mon, this is supposed to be THE resort in Korea!! If you pay for that much, you'd expect some good work done!!

FOOD: I'd say average. The ingredients were all fine. Chocolate cream, coffee, omlettes at the breakfast buffet realy good. In-room dining pizza wasn't bad, but they took an hour to deliver it.

SERVICE: Consistently superfluous and aloof. Seemd terribly understaffed. They just don't have any personal touch. My dad got a hole-in-one on the last day, and all they did was give you polaroid snapshots and a congrats note. No flowers, free drinks, no manager rushing to you to give you greetings. Seems pretty lame for a once-in -a-lifetime experience. 'Cours, the keddies got a HUGE tip.;;;

SPA: Pretty expensive. At that price, you'd expect some foot soaking services or pre-massage drinks or something, but no way. Just the massage. 'Course you get to use the baths and shower facilities for free, but you can't use the Jjimjilbang. Massage itself was OK. Baths are ok, 'cause there isn't too many people at one time, but the showers need major fixing. Isconsistent water flow, and one drain stank of the sewers one day. Outdoor bath needs some shade. Maybe a roof, or an awning?

Tried Jjimjilbang on the last day. BIG Disappointment. Warm Stone Floor, which is like the main lounging place at any jjimjilbang, was anything but warm; when asked staff why it was stone cold, they just told me to go into the saunas if I wanted somthing hot. Only three kind of saunas; one warm, one hot, and one cold.

GOLF: Didn't go myself, but parents did. They recommend golfing when the tide is in, otherwise, not much of a landscape. The water recedes and leaves ugly puddles and reveals disturbing rubble.

LAYOUT and LOCATION: Grand Villas are like 15 mins walk away from any main facilities, and no shady walks to get to the facilities. Best way is by car or golf carts. Not too many shady walks round this place, mostly asphalt and tar. NO shuttle buses to take you from the resort to any touristy places, so unless you have your own car or are willing to pay the outrageous cab fares in Korea, you're stuck in the resort.

OTHER FACILITIES: no karaoke, no tennies courts, not table tennis, no game arcades, no convenience stores, no hot springs, no riding, no private beaches. In short, if you don't golf, you don't really have much to do. In-room internet wire is NOT free. Need to use the internet room at the Jjimjilbang, and there's just 2 coms there. No fitness center; ther was a room labeled it, but when inspected, it turned out to be a storage room with leftover kiddies' playthings.

ALL IN ALL; this place has been open for three years or so now, but still seems to need time to tie up loose ends.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kerrot
midwest
Reviewed January 30, 2009

I only use Hilton brand hotels and work hard to earn HHonors frequent points. When I visited Korea, I decided to stay at this property using bunch of my points. When I arrived at the hotel, there was a sign saying breakfast is included with room rates. However, when requested, I was told to pay. After a complain, I was given a little discount. When I came back to U.S., I contacted the property manager. He also told me I wasn't entitled. Hard to understand such a business practice because it is such a nice property. I felt like I was discriminated because I wasn't a cash paying customer. Am I not going to get peanuts on a plane because I used mileage points?

• Liked — Spacious, modern room
  • Disliked — Awful response to guest's problem
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
7 Thank wearehome
Also consider these accommodations in or near Namhae-gun
Southcape Spa & Suite
#2 of 17 in Yeosu
Elena Hotel
Elena Hotel
#9 of 17 in Yeosu

Been to Hilton Namhae Golf Spa Resort? Share your experiences!