“Fantastic!!”
Review of South Point Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ahangama
South Point Villa
Ranked #3 of 37 Ahangama B&B and Inns
uk
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2009

On our first night we stayed at the cottage, what can I say the peace and tranquility was wonderful, the staff made us feel so special, our children thought they were dreaming and thankfully they are old enough to remember the blissful day and night we spent here, the view of the lake is breathtaking.

We moved to the The Abbey and the transition was unbeliavale, how can 2 propertys so close be so different.

The Abbey just blew us away, the beach couldnt be better, the house is wonderful and the staff ....well words cannot express how wonderful the staff are.

I could go on and on about how fantastic these places are but Im not going to ...Its simple we have had a holiday of a lifetime, i am planning how soon I can return and the icing on the cake is part of the profits from these villas go to the wonderful school the owners fund.... The world is a better place with people like this.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank airgirl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Polegate, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2008

I have just come back from an absolutely fantastic 10 night stay at South Point villa. My husband and myself have visited Sri Lanka four times but have always stayed in Hotels so when we decided to take our family away with us ( ages 19,23 & 25) I thought it would be more relaxing to have our own villa. This place exceeded all our expectations and we didn't want to come home. It is about a three hour journey from Colombo so not too bad for travelling. The villa is absolutely stunning - just like the photos - even better as the garden has matured. The rooms / bathrooms are to die for and the service from all the staff second to none. We celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary whilst we were out there and the evening was so special - we were given sarongs to wear, had the most amazing BBQ, had our own firework display - the best night ever.
The pool is kept spotlessly clean and so is the whole villa. We loved the family feel and when they found out that we liked dogs they let the two guard dogs out , this was great as they came for walks with us on the beach and we had lots of fun in the water with them. The beach is stunning and so, so quiet - we only saw a few people the whole time we were there. The food is delicious and you can order whatever you want.
I booked direct with the owner Sonali which was great as all the profit she makes is put back into the local community - the work she is doing is amazing. We took out some clothes/ glasses which are then handed out to the poor people in the village. She has built a school and Montessori creche opposite the villa on the other side of the road and the children are given extra tuition so that they can better themselves - wow - I wish more people could see the children's faces and see how happy they all are.
If you are able to visit Sri Lanka please, please visit this villa - we will definitely be back and hope that more people do the same.
If anyone wants more information please get in touch.

• Liked — Everything , an amazing place to stay
  • Disliked — Nothing - going home
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank brown5
London
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Having been priveleged to have stayed at some wonderful locations and hotels, I thought that there were few places left to take my breath away but how wrong was I !! Having been back at the office for a week , I close my eyes and still hear the sounds of the waves crashing on the rocks beneath the house. I can still see my lone footprints on the beautiful beach, with the fisherman casting his net into the ocean. The infinity pool overlooking the ocean provided the family hours of pleasure and me with some beautiful peace.
The house is a beautifully and sensitively restored colonial house, with 2 large terraces overlooking the ocean and spacious bedrooms with lovely four poster beds, a/c, ceiling fans and dimmers. But what makes it s even more special are the staff, who are wonderfully attentive yet not intrusive, displaying great attention to detail from laying an attractive dinner table to serving tea on the terrace and lighting candles in the garden by night. The food was unbeliavable and I had fun with the chef, having my daily cooking lesson. Thank you ARI for all the recipes. We will definitely go back again, and again .............
Taylor Family (Derek, Anna, Anna-Maria [10] and Anna [7])

• Liked — The Location ,the Villa ,the Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank taylor046London
Chennai
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Hi,

Our stay at the South Point Villa-Abbey early June 2008, was the most memorable 2 days ever.

The villa is beautifully created and maintained, it gives you both luxury and simplicity packaged with the finest SriLankan culture. Open, fresh, spacious, and picturesque makes South Point a perfect holiday venue. The restrooms are huge with some of the best ayurvedic accessories you would love to take away, and the bedrooms even larger with comfortable queen beds, equipped with elegant furniture, additional linens and beds, these are so well placed and located together but gives you ample privacy. Children love this place … open garden, beach and the clean swimming pool, in-house library etc they have everything to cheer about. Since, both the villa’s are well connected you get a feeling of one large home.

The villa manager, chef and support staffs are the best of hospitality personnel - I have ever come across. Available at any time to serve you, like on a weekend at the middle of night we needed a paediatrics and the same was arranged in a short notice. We are really grateful to the staff and the management for this support and gesture. The in-house kitchen is well equipped and completely accessible to all guests. The food is freshly prepared and is ready before one could ask. Since, we were vegetarian, the kitchen was a real savior.

I would recommend this villa to everyone, who want exclusivity and complete leisure, I would suggest planning a min. 3-day stay, as you would regret leaving sooner like most of my family members did.

My family and I are really grateful to Mrs. Sonali (Owner) for her complete assistance and co-operation during our stay, and I look forward to making a visit again in future. If you have a question about our stay at South Point, please do get in touch over an email, ritesh@lakhotia.net

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RiteshLakhotia
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed May 12, 2008

This place was just fantastic! It is situated on the beach front in a quietish town on the southcoast of Sri Lanka. After a hectic year at work and a busy schedule touring India, my friend and I decided to end our holiday unwinding and we chose Sri Lanka as the location to do it. Although we found South Point Abbey next door a little too disturbed by traffic noise, South point villa is 'just what the doctor ordered!' My friend and I barely left the villa during our entire stay! Our meals were prepared according to our schedule and since we had our own housekeeper and chef, we only concerned ourselves with swimming in the sea (which is great for body boarding!) and pool, taking long walks along the beach, reading and doing a little sightseeing and shopping! I initially contacted Sonali, the owner of this property directly, and had originally been a little apprehensive about not going through a tour operator but she was incredibly efficient in getting back to us and took all the hassle out of independent travel. She also pointed us in the right direction for some shopping and sightseeing. We could definitely have stayed a lot longer here and we are even considering something unheard of for us, a return visit!

• Liked — view
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank kate050864
italy
Reviewed January 9, 2008

i spent at the villa the most amazing week end... it is like paradise.... the villa itself is incredibly stylish, the staff, chefs etc.. are there to please all your needs at the best standards and always smiling... i have eaten fresh fish every day taken from the fisherman that came back from the sea just in front of the villa's beach... on top of all that a big amount of the money paied by guset goes into charity to help the sri lankan people.... i have never experience such an amazing place/atmosphere.... unforgettable.

• Liked — everything.. the feeling to be ina dream
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
Kent
Reviewed January 8, 2008

We spent christmas here and had the most amazing time. The villa is huge. The rooms beautiful. The staff very helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. The food delicous. We were throughly spoiled and would go back anytime. Has a great pool and lovely garden. Part of the income achieved by the villa is used to help the community in Habaraduwa. .

• Stayed December 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ahangama
Insight Resort
#8 of 23 in Galle
Mosvold Villa
Mosvold Villa
#1 of 37 in Ahangama

Been to South Point Villa? Share your experiences!