We stayed for 7 nights and loved it there, but accept it will not suit all. Most of the time we were one of two guests so large parts it felt like a private villa. There are only 6 rooms in total so even when the hotel is full it still feels exceptionally personal.
- Very friendly staff - all of them are very keen to help and always full of smiles.
- Lovely pool and beautifully kept communal area with comfortable beds, good shade and very clean pool. This area also gets nice sea views and benefits from a nice breeze by being a little elevated.
- Food was consistently excellent - breakfast was particularly recommended.
- Wildlife is abundant. we had monkeys, squirrels, lizards, beautiful bird life and tree frogs. To be fair the tree frog was in the outside bathroom, but it's normal in the tropics.
- Airport transfers were well organised.
- Check in/out was quick and efficient.
- Free wifi throughout the property. It's not fast, but it worked.
To be aware of:
- It's a short walk to the local beach and it's not developed for tourists or good for swimming. Our tuk-tuk driver walked us to his local beach another 3-4 minutes walk away : completely undeveloped, but safe for swimming and very peaceful.
- THe hotel is in Angama. It's about 25 minutes in a tuk-tuk to Unawatuna. THere's a partly developed beach near Unawatuna that is as beatiful as any I've seen in the world.
- All the bathroom facilities are very private, but outside. No problem but it means the mozzies are a problem. Personally I would live with this to keep the local wildlife (or move the bathroom inside!!).
- There are no TVs. THere is one in the reception area and we watched the cricket there. Personally I did not miss the TV.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- W15 Escape is what happens when Asian design, modern thinking and western standard come together in perfect harmony. This boutique hotel offers all guests a piece of tranquility and luxury living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your W15 Escape reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.