Stay here for 3 nights in a jungle room,we were not sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised with the room,nice comfortable bed and clean,it was quite an experience sitting on our veranda at night listening for any nearby wildlife,we had many visits by wild boar,and one visit from a gang of monkeys that jumped from the trees onto our roof for qiute some time.
The restaurant served a perfectly good buffet both in the morning and in the evening,and the bar was next door for a nightcap,although you dont see many people staying up for more than one drink as most are booked for early morning Safaris'.,also they have an excellent swimming pool with many sunbeds overlooking the lake,it was a really odd experience laying on your sunbed just 40-50 ft from basking crocodiles but they cannot climb up to the pool area which is raised from the shoreline.
As for the Safaris' we booked two through our excellent driver Adgit before we arrived at the hotel,one for the early morning and the other for the next day in the afternoon,to be honest our morning Safari was a bit of a let down,we saw a couple of elephants from a distance and various other deer,water buffalo etc,but all from a distance,the jeep driver and tracker did their best but there are no guarantees here,but the next day,wow, what a difference,we were up close and personal with many animals,in particular a very inquisitive and very large bull elephant which literally came right up to the jeep,a wonderful treat for my elephant obsessed wife,but even more exciting than that, we had a very close encounter with a leopard right in front of our jeep with no other jeeps in the way,it was only a few yards from our vehicle,we were extemely lucky to get this close.
All in all we were very pleased to have booked this hotel it was such a wonderful experience,give it a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cinnamon Wild after undergoing a brand enhancement is more than a resort; it is an extension of the Yala National park and is intended to be part of the National park. It is designed to represent rustic luxury, resembling a game lodge. Cinnamon Wild Yala exceeds guest expectations with interiors that give the camp look and feel, embedded with large trunk boxes, old vintage furniture, director's chairs and indigenous artwork. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Cinnamon Wild Yala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Wild Yala Hotel Kirinda
- Yala Village Kirinda
- Yala Village Hotel Kirinda
- Cinnamon Wild Yala Sri Lanka/Kirinda