-Nice rooms, amazing rain shower, soft beds and white linen and towels.
-Food was good, even though it was a buffet. Even had pork dishes which I appreciated.
-Good location for the safari in Yala National Park.
-Safari is way to expensive. Book the same drivers outside the gate or in the town.
-Pool is dirty and not that exciting for kids. No lifeguards.
-If you have kids, they can't play outside unsupervised because of the animals... drag.
-Pushyness at mealtime is terrible. I hate buffets because of this.
-If you have a problem they staff are aggresive, especially the restaurant manager. We had a dispute with the xmas lunch which I ended up paying for just because the staff were starting to scare me. Sri Lankans don't back down and are not flexible, espcailly at Yala.
Don't go there for Christmas, its a joke. We paid the $100 Xmas supplement months in advance only to find out on arrival that it only included dinner. NO activities during the day or anything, We were disapointed for our kids especially.
There was one singer doing the music in a strong Sri Lankan accent, bless, including Christmas favourites such as Walk The Line (Jihnny Cash), Country Road, Guns and Roses and many other karaoke greats. We were actually looking at other guests and laughing how sad it was (and kinda funny).
The didn't cook the ham properly and the pork on a spit was inedible. Very sad for me as living in Qatar I really look forward to my pork. Overall not worth the $100 at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cinnamon Wild after undergoing a brand enhancement is more than a resort; it is an extension of the Yala National park and is intended to be part of the National park. It is designed to represent rustic luxury, resembling a game lodge. Cinnamon Wild Yala exceeds guest expectations with interiors that give the camp look and feel, embedded with large trunk boxes, old vintage furniture, director's chairs and indigenous artwork. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cinnamon Wild Yala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Wild Yala Hotel Kirinda
- Yala Village Kirinda
- Yala Village Hotel Kirinda
- Cinnamon Wild Yala Sri Lanka/Kirinda