We stayed here for three nights and it was the best part of our amazing trip to Sri Lanka. Upon driving into the hotel we saw peacocks, bee eaters and 3 crocodiles, one going in for the kill on a baby wild boar (didn't catch it!). We had a beach chalet and walked to the beach each day. It was abandoned as the sea was very rough but we could see the footprints of an elephant amongst others. The observation deck is great for watching the sunset. We were able to observe a herd of wild buffalo and then eagles, storks etc flying around and finally the views of the stars is fairly unspoilt. The food was the usual cinnamon standard. There are muffins and coffee available for before the morning safari but they serve breakfast until quite late so we had it when returned at 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cinnamon Wild after undergoing a brand enhancement is more than a resort; it is an extension of the Yala National park and is intended to be part of the National park. It is designed to represent rustic luxury, resembling a game lodge. Cinnamon Wild Yala exceeds guest expectations with interiors that give the camp look and feel, embedded with large trunk boxes, old vintage furniture, director's chairs and indigenous artwork. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Cinnamon Wild Yala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Wild Yala Hotel Kirinda
- Yala Village Kirinda
- Yala Village Hotel Kirinda
- Cinnamon Wild Yala Sri Lanka/Kirinda