It isn't every day you find yourself sharing first world luxury with crocodiles, wild boars and elephants, but that is exactly what you get at Cinnamon Wild. A glorious pool overlooks a lagoon with an island on which a crocodile suns itself; a wild boar family wanders through the poolside bar area totally unfazed by staff or guests; droppings on the path outside the chalets indicate that an elephant has paid a night-time visit. And on the safari trips which run twice a day- you do have to be prepared for a bumpy ride - we were amazed by the number and variety of birds and animals we saw including, after much searching, a glimpse of one of Yala's elusive leopards. But we felt well looked after. After dark we were escorted to our chalet, which was clean, comfortable and tastefuly decorated. Food was plentiful and delicious, and the staff were unfailingly helpful. Certainly one of the highlights of our holiday in Sri Lanka.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cinnamon Wild after undergoing a brand enhancement is more than a resort; it is an extension of the Yala National park and is intended to be part of the National park. It is designed to represent rustic luxury, resembling a game lodge. Cinnamon Wild Yala exceeds guest expectations with interiors that give the camp look and feel, embedded with large trunk boxes, old vintage furniture, director's chairs and indigenous artwork. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Cinnamon Wild Yala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Wild Yala Hotel Kirinda
- Yala Village Kirinda
- Yala Village Hotel Kirinda
- Cinnamon Wild Yala Sri Lanka/Kirinda