“Valrhona chocolate shop”

and up
Cotes du Rhone Tour with Wine and Chocolate Tasting
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: "La Cité du Chocolat" : a discovering corner about chocolate (in October 2013), a pastry school for gourmets and an amazing chocolate shop."La Cité du Chocolat" is an amazing experience around the chocolate and the cocoa.On 2000m² the visitor could look at,touch, smell and, of course taste, the Valrhona chocolate and discover its secrets.At the end of the visit, visitors could find more than 100 different kinds of chocolate in a shop of 200m². If the visitor wants, he could learn chocolate and pastry recipes in the School of "la Cité du Chocolat Valrhona"
Reviewed March 4, 2014

As Valrhona fans with limited time, we made a stop to visit the chocolate shop (not the Cite). And we were not disappointed with the variety of chocolates, as well as the ability to taste each and every offering! I have never tasted, nor even heard of, caramelized white chocolate and am not a white chocolate lover -- but one should not leave without tasting the Tanariva and Dulcey offerings. Of course we had to purchase a selection of chocolates, but did not get a chance to enjoy them for several days as we were determined to first eat the free samples which were included with our purchase.

Franck V, Gérant at Cite du Chocolat Valrhona, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for your kind comment.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Well, firstly let me say we arrived at this tasty site through the passage of Viking Cruises. Tripping South down the Rhone through Provence country in France...what an awesome trip! All sights were grand and memorable in their own way, but this one had all others beaten on taste alone!
Once you enter your nasal buds are alive with the smell of chocolate, all different types. Then, the wide array of samplings allows your taste buds to jump into the delectable party. Staff was more than willing to assist you in choices but also educate you in matchings and tastes. Oh dear...I cannot imagine any place more wonderful to entrap and kill my diet! Excellent on European and Continental standards! Hats off to Viking for touring the delectables!

1  Thank Gramercy8

Thank you for your comment. We are very sorry to have kill your diet....but you could eat dark chocolate : it is good for health!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I visited with my mom, we are both chocolate lover and we had lots of fun! We had tons of chocolate and it was a very nice visit. We learned a lot about chocolate and got to buy nice souvenirs to take back home.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Valrhona.. La Cité du Chocolat
I went to see since I love chocolate the place will teach you and develop to understand chocolate think it as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory they will give you a card (The golden ticket) for you to around the area to experience and get Knowledge abut chocolate it wioll teach you abut the pallet what do you taste in milk dark and white chocolate its very interactive the site is linked up to the original Valrhona factory and linked up to the professional school
And the end of your chocolate journey you will end up in the gourmet chocolate shops with so many items to chooses from gourmet chocolate to books and key change
A great place to visit for the professionals and for them with the inner child and chocolate lovers
A must if you are in the area of Tain-l'Hermitage

Franck V, Gérant at Cite du Chocolat Valrhona, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your message.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a great self tour(with tasting chocolates) of the growing, production and artistry of chocolate. Many interactives- some with samples. It was very interesting and fun. then there is the Valrhona boutique- and this is hard for me to say but there are too many samples(well, maybe not for you because you have self control). I think there are actually unlimited samples of the pallettes(?) of each Valrhona type and many, many other samples. I still bought $50 of chocolate. And while I have long disdained white chocolate as a sin against nature and chocolate- I discovered Dulcey- developed by a Valrhona chocolate master. A caramel blonde chocolate that is excellent.

1  Thank MarylandTravelinMom

The whole team of the Citè du Chocolat and I thank you very much for your message and hope to see you a next time.