“Love this place!”
Review of Shimla Cottage

Shimla Cottage
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO SHAFIQ'S SHIMLA COTTAGE (formerly the Simla Restaurant) Initially opened in 1973,the Simla was,then,the only Indian restaurant serving Indian cuisine out with Glasgow-thus our pedigree beyond that of any Indian restaurant in the Paisley/Renfrewshire area. At the time ,my wish was to make the highest quality Indian cuisine available to the public, and now with the establishment of the Shimla Cottage,i am delighted to offer even greater quality and more extensive choice. The availability of fresh produce is,i believe, the foundation of good Indian food. Here at the Shimla Cottage we pride ourselves on our insistence on the finest quality ingredients, all year round. Fresh herbs and spice, such as coriander and green chillies, are constantly available to us. The quality of produce in Scotland is such that i feel the standard of our dishes on our menu far surpasses even the best to be found in India or Pakistan. I am proud to say that the Scots have a knowledge and appreciation of curries which is often greater than that of many Asian people. The Simla restaurant has long been regarded as the name for Indian cuisine. i believe that the Shimla Cottage is superior still. If you regard yourself as one who appreciates the best in life, then why not indulge your sensibilities at the Shimla Cottage. you will not be disappointed.
Kilmacolm, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Love.....love.....love this restaurant.

I have been eating indian cuisine for 30+ years - starting at the Shish in Gibson St in the days when you lined up outside for a table and brought your own booze!

I have never had a meal here that is less than excellent, and It's great that the dishes can be altered to suit your taste ( more chilli, less coriander etc). The staff are knowledgable about the dishes and happy to guide you towards something different.

Not the cheapest - but in my view you will have to go a long way to find better indian cooking.

1 Thank Gillian H

Bridge of Weir, United Kingdom
“excellent quality”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Eat in the Shimla Cottage often. Quality of food is always good. Service is friendly and personal as the owners live in Bridge of Weir and have done so for decades. Interior is spotlessy clean and outfitted to a high standard. Can be cold in Winter. Food is more expensive than other local Indian restaurants but good value.

Bridge of Weir, United Kingdom
“Great Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Comfortable surroundings and good service. Not a bit of flock wallpaper in sight! Cooking is different but with traditional recipes.
Carry out department is positively salubrious where you can await your order with a drink and relax in leather seating.
I was reminded of how good the food here was after a recent trip to London and unfortunately dined out in 'one of the best restaurants in London' and yearned to be back eating in the Shimla Cottage.

1 Thank GerryO09
shafiqs, Manager at Shimla Cottage, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you so much for you're fantastic review. Truly appreciated

“shocking”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Just had a takeaway from here it came to £36 for two curries and popadoms what the hell ? Got home and the dinner was bland with foul tasting rice , absolute day light robbery no wonder the place was dead ! Will not return

8 Thank Sophie F
shafiqs, Manager at Shimla Cottage, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for you're feedback. I remember you coming into shimla cottage and ordering food. I'm sorry you were not happy with the price I can assure you that I know for a fact you ordered more than 2 curries and popadoms!!!. We only use the best produce available to us. Our rice and curries are cooked freshly every day so I'm sorry you found the food terrible. I'm sure you had mentioned we had been recommended by a freind maybe we were just not to you're usual standard.

Beith, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My partner and I use this restaurant quite a bit for sit in and takeaway and have never had to complain. The food is lovely and the service is excellent. We have been disappointed by many a curry house and the only two we would entertain is the Shimla and the village. The quality of the meat used at the Shimla is far superior to most restaurants. I don't understand why people are happy to pay 10 quid for a vegetarian pasta but grimace at 12 quid for a curry that takes a great deal of skill to prepare and uses decent quality ingredients. My partner and I are hard to please when it comes to restaurants but the Shimla have always done so

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank chakak21
shafiqs, Manager at Shimla Cottage, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Hey you guys thanks for the fantastic review!! Always a pleasure to serve fantastic people who appreciate good food.