“Family business which go that extra mile”
Review of Shimla Cottage

Shimla Cottage
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO SHAFIQ'S SHIMLA COTTAGE (formerly the Simla Restaurant) Initially opened in 1973,the Simla was,then,the only Indian restaurant serving Indian cuisine out with Glasgow-thus our pedigree beyond that of any Indian restaurant in the Paisley/Renfrewshire area. At the time ,my wish was to make the highest quality Indian cuisine available to the public, and now with the establishment of the Shimla Cottage,i am delighted to offer even greater quality and more extensive choice. The availability of fresh produce is,i believe, the foundation of good Indian food. Here at the Shimla Cottage we pride ourselves on our insistence on the finest quality ingredients, all year round. Fresh herbs and spice, such as coriander and green chillies, are constantly available to us. The quality of produce in Scotland is such that i feel the standard of our dishes on our menu far surpasses even the best to be found in India or Pakistan. I am proud to say that the Scots have a knowledge and appreciation of curries which is often greater than that of many Asian people. The Simla restaurant has long been regarded as the name for Indian cuisine. i believe that the Shimla Cottage is superior still. If you regard yourself as one who appreciates the best in life, then why not indulge your sensibilities at the Shimla Cottage. you will not be disappointed.
glasgow
“Family business which go that extra mile”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I just wanted to write a quick review just to say wow. We have been eating in this restaurant for years now & the service & food continue to a very high standard. So much so that my mum refuses to eat in any other Indian restaurant. Def one to visit. Highly recommend

• Visited April 2013

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“OK but expensive”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have ordered several meals from this place and have now decided that they cannot justify the price charged.

A drive to Glasgow will get you a better meal for half the price. A dinner for two from Mother India with award winning butter chicken was half the cost of the regular curry from Shimla Cottage.

As I stated about Amaretto, this is business as usual for restaurants in Bridge of Weir. They simply can get away with it in this town. From now on - we are taking the trip to Glasgow and getting better for less.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank JCampbell443
Scotland
“First class”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The food at Shimla Cottage really is second to none. Service is always excellent. A family favourite with us for many years.

• Visited February 2013
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Indian Food! Love it!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have dined in the restaurant in previous years & it was first class. Recently though we have had takeaways (last Saturday) and by far, this is the BEST Indian food I have tried! I cannot stress how high I rate the quality of the food. I would only get an Indian takeway from here. Love it, love it , love it! Thankyou Shimla Cottage! From the Macrae family, Kilbarchan

• Visited January 2013
“An Indian gourmet treat not to be missed.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family has frequented this restaurant for years and every visit home is not complete without a visit to the Shimla Cottage. The food is first class. Every curry I tried was mouthwatering. The chef Shafiq has mastered the art of subtly blending sometimes strong spices to produce gourmet Indian food. The staff are very friendly and polite which combined with the excellent food makes the Shimla Cottage one of my all time favorite restaurants!