“Average food and noisy”

Amaretto Italian Kitchen & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It's a family run restaurant with a great team of staff who have been with us for years. This is important to me as I feel customers appreciate having the same staff when they visit; it makes it more personal something that I aim for. My customers are extremely important to me especially with this being a small village it is vital that the customers feel welcome every time they return. We serve traditional Italian food and have a very extensive menu. We have a lunch menu, pre-theatre and of course a la carte. If your looking for somewhere relaxing to enjoy a quiet drink during the day or before and after your meal head upstairs to the bar where we have a variety of continental beers and wines from most regions in Italy, we also sell a selection of hot food, cakes and pastries. The location of Bridge of Weir is an idyllic peaceful village and in the summer our beer garden which is situated upstairs offers wonderful views of the village. We are not looking to turn Amaretto into a brand we want to concentrate on this restaurant and our customers and give something back to the community here. We want to give to give the people of Renfrewshire somewhere they can go anytime of the day and enjoy great food and drink along with great personal service.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Firstly the staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful however the food was very disappointing. We ate there on a Saturday night and the noise was incredible. Too many tables crammed together into every available space. The first course arrived within minutes of ordering and the main course within minutes of the starter plates being taken away. The food was not unpleasant however this is not Italian food its Scotland's own version of Italian food- garlic bread and stodgy pasta sauces etc but if that's what you like you won't be disappointed !!So the search continues for a decent Italian meal in Scotland !!!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant with great food. The sharp modern interior is immaculately clean and the pastas and pizzas are among the best around. The risottos are worthy of a special mention as is the lasagne which is the best that I have ever tasted! Carlo(the owner) makes sure that things run like clockwork and has an eye for detail.Always our first choice for a family meal out.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here last night to celebrate her birthday. Have eaten here on many occasions with friends and family, both at lunch times and in the evening, and can honestly say have never had anything but an excellent experience. The atmosphere, food, staff and service have always been first class. A good sign of people's enjoyment of a restaurant is how busy it is and Amaretto is always busy when we visit! Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Service was very friendly and professional. Home made minestrone soup delicious as was the mushroom rissottto. Great wine and price. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Many supposedly top class restaurants could learn a thing or two from Amaretto!

We visited here tonight with relatives. Our booking was flawless, we had some special requests which the restaurant fully honoured (I don't want to say what as every one will ask).

We arrived to a cheery smile and a really friendly welcome and shown to our table. The staff were always so friendly and mixed the right blend of joking and having fun with being professional. The staff were perfect and nothing was too much trouble.

The food was amazing really excellent. We did try different things from each others order and all the food was amazing. I can't rate the food highly enough, I had a posh prawn cocktail expecting as in most places lots of lettuce and just a few prawns but the whole glass was full and really well made.

Now, this is the mark of a good restaurant. My relative asked for something that wasn't on the menu the waitress asked the chef and it was made! No fuss and with a smile! Also, I asked as I always do for extra vegetables and added I like broccoli ...hey presto extra veg with lots of broccoli....So if a restaurant here in Bridge of Weir can do that seamlessly without fuss and with a smile why can't so called top end restaurants not do these things? This IS a top restaurant and the people of Bridge of Weir hopefully know how lucky they are to have this restaurant on their doorstep!

Thank you to the staff here you gave us all a wonderful evening, I know you were very very busy yet your service at all times was amazing. I have eaten in many so called "top" places around the world (see my reviews) but I genuinely mean this the food and service here was second to non full stop. Well done and thank you I'm looking forward to returning.