“So good we went back the next night!”
Review of The Kings Head

The Kings Head
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Redlynch
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As my husband and our two friends were staying at the (excellent) b&b next door, it made sense to book for our evening meal. Not many places serve my favourite crab salad - but they were onto a winner straight away in my eyes with this on the menu!
We were made to feel very welcome and all the food was of high quality and very tasty.
As we enjoyed it so much, we popped in the next day for a drink before going back to the b&b to change ready for another splendid evening meal. Would definitely recommend it to anyone in the area.

1  Thank Diane476

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I live in the New Forest Hampshire and am used to paying over the odds for pubs, restaurants etc.

So it was a by chance that we ventured over the border to Wiltshire a couple of weeks ago. In fact it was less than 10 miles from where we live.

We stopped for "early doors" at The Kings Head in a small village called Redlynch.

You approach the pub via its immacuate front garden, with well manicured lawns and wooden garden furniture.

Stepping into the "old world" charm (mind your head) of a classic English pub, low beams, log fire and plenty of atmosphere.

The bar staff are most welcoming, friendly and greet you with that all imporatant "smile".

We ordered our drinks, picked up a menu and retired to the front garden. The aforemention garden furniture was unusually very comfortable, unlike the standard "bench seats" one often finds in pubs elswhere.

I had a refreshing pint of Ringwood bitter, at the right temperature for real ale and as clear as you will ever find in the area. My wife had her usual Pino, again it was from a well chosen bottle, it's amazing at the different Pinos pubs serve up some good some really awful !! But both our drinks only cost £7.50ish, you'll not get that in the forest (with the exception of the Royal Oak at Fritham)!

I selected a traditional portion of fish and chips, my wife a chicken salad. It arrived within 5-10 minutes. My eyes popped out when I saw the food on my plate, it certainly was "hungry mans" portions and served on a hot plate. The staff also asked if we wanted more drinks, which was a pleasant surprise and saved us from having to order from the bar. My wifes salad (and she's an expert on salads) was sheer bliss, fresh, tasty and plenty of it, so much so that she could not finish it.

I can't rate this pub high enough, everything about it is excellent, it is certainly well worth a visit. Enjoy the experience !

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Having moved to Redlynch a few months ago after 15 years away from the area, I was keen to try "my local" and was pleasantly surprised. Our visit was a bit of a last minute affair, and being a Saturday I decided to reserve a table during the morning. Jolly glad I did as the place was packed!! I was pleased to see it well supported by locals. There is a good choice of beers and wine, (by the glass, I was given a choice of 2/3 when I asked for "dry white") The menu, whilst not the most extensive you will find, was perfectly acceptable for a village pub. My only personal preference, would be to have more fish on the menu (other than fish and chips or scampi) but that is because I am a non meat eater, but I still found no trouble in finding things to choose from. I think I must have been there the same night as a previous reviewer, (Birthday party etc) but they coped very well and the young girls waiting tables were pleasant, friendly and efficient. The landlady is a pleasant asset to the pub as well. I was also pleased to see, a Pub dog and Pub cat too. Being a dog lover it was nice to see other well behaved dogs welcome in the pub too, (best not visit if you are a dog hater!!) I will definitely be visiting again before too long.

1  Thank Susanne H
Reviewed August 5, 2013

went here twice with my partners 90 years young mother , we were made to feel very welcome and the food was fantastic and the staff very very helpfull , even going off menu for my partners mum as she wanted small portion of the chicken and did not want bacon and cheese on it but to my surprise the waitress said not prob we will leave it off for you , even the pudding for her was a small slice of lemon merane pie , we all enjoyed it very much and with it being on flat ground parking at the front with only one step in and 2 steps up to the bathroom the elderly with walking difficulty's can easily access this pub and are made to feel welcome as were we , we went there twice in as many days and could not fault it . defo worth a visit for all ages good value , homemade food and fantasic gardens with quirky scarcrows and enjoyabil twist. go on give this place ago you wont be dissapointed trust me .

1  Thank brenda196252
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We have been several times with children, very lovely pretty and safe garden, great food and very good service, definitely our favourite local!

1  Thank CharleyBeeCharlton