“Friendly, relaxing and spotless”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grove House

and 1 more site!
Grove House
Ranked #1 of 9 Connel B&B and Inns
Aberdeen
“Friendly, relaxing and spotless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Up to Oban we did rove, made at home at the Grove,
Karen's the hostess with the mostest, With lovely rooms, and breakfast with toastest,
we'll go again, as you can tell, it's much better than a hotel,
For friendly chat and relaxation, one of the best in this whole nation.

Michael

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at Grove House.

Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back for another stay sometime in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

From the first moment we arrived, we were welcomed into the house like old friends. Karen made us feel quite at home. The room was warm and bed very comfortable. Breakfast had a great range of healthy choices which set us up for a day on the hills. The house is just a short drive away from a range of stunning Munros (hills over 3,000 feet), making Grove House a great base for hill walkers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your 1 night stay with us at Grove House.

I was delighted to read that you liked your stay , and that our extensive gourmet breakfast set you up nicely for your long walk.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you both back for another stay in the not too distant future.
Weedon Bec, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

When planning my trip to Scotland I found the Grove House Bed & Breakfast on laterooms.com. It is in a little village called Connel which is near Oban. Car parking is available on site although I came by train. I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful girl - I think her name was Kirsty. I had a double room which along with the rest of the house had a nice style of interior decoration with an eye for detail and everything was clean. It was en-suite with Tea/Coffee facilities, television, music system and WIFI Internet Access. A very extensive breakfast was included with a choice of over 15 starters, home made fruit smoothie, tea, coffee, toasted breads, and 10 main courses. I really enjoyed my stay and would stay again anytime.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, October 11, 2013

I was most pleased to read that you liked the design and style of our place, and that our rather extensive gourmet breakfast went down well too !

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back for another stay in the not too distant future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I booked two nights at this hotel for my partner`s birthday and we stayed 27th and 28th September. On arrival we were greeted by the friendliest wee girl who was fantastic in making us feel at home right away. The room was just out of this world with the bed being the most comfortable we have ever slept in and the room decor just first class. The food on offer at breakfast is just beyond anything that we have ever experienced with the fresh fruit smoothie exceptional. The choice of cereals, main courses and indeed hot beverages just brilliant.We highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Connel or Oban for a weekend or midweek break. A massive thank you and well done to Sean, Karen and her Staff for a very memorable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 186534John50
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your 2 night stay with us at Grove House.

I was delighted to read that you liked the style of our property , and that our gourmet breakfast went down well too.

May I say that it was lovely to chat to you both during your stay , and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you both back for another visit in the not too distant future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'm a Scottish Tour guide and hit upon this place by accident - what a happy accident it was!
Run by Karen, it is the best of Scottish hospitality - clean, friendly, loads of parking in a wee village that is so picturesque it is to die for.
On an off the subject altogether note, they advised the local pub" The Oyster Bar" for tea and they were bang on with their advice - food I wish my Mum could cook(sorry Mum!).

Breakfast at the Grove was an advertisment for Scotland. As an Aberdonian guide I pray for more trips in the Connel area next season.

Room Tip: Place is so quiet can't think there would be a bad room - just go there
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Linda,

I was most pleased that you liked the design of the property, and that our gourmet breakfast went down well too.

May i say that it was a delight to chat to you , and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay in 2014.
Lets hope you get lots of tour bookings for our area !
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights. This B&B had tasteful decor, was very clean and had a lovely conservatory for evening tea. The beds were comfortable and the breakfasts were excellent with many choices. I especially enjoyed the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and pesto. Kirsty and Karen were full of good information about the area and were terrific hosts. I'd highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, September 23, 2013

I was most pleased to read that you liked the style of our newly decorated bedrooms and bathrooms , and that our extensive gourmet breakfast went down well too.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you both back to stay in the not too distant future.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Just felt the need to comment on a very pleasant overnight stay in the grove house guest house Connell. My husband and I were leaving our daughter to Ballet West in Taynuilt and booked this guest house as a stop over. Kirsty and Karen were delightful hosts and the rooms were comfortable and well equipped. The breakfast was amazing and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your overnight stay at Grove House.

I was most pleased to read that you were comfortable during your time with us, and that our gourmet breakfast went down well with you all.

I do hope that your daughter has settled well at Ballet West. Perhaps we will be able to welcome you all back for another visit next time you are over visiting her.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connel
Falls Of Lora
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,679 reviews
Corran House
Corran House
#14 of 99 in Oban

Been to Grove House? Share your experiences!