“Great room”

Grove House
Ranked #1 of 8 Connel B&B and Inns
“Great room”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very nice clean and well appointed room with nice choice of tea coffee and hot chocolate. Wide variety of choice for breakfast. Lovely place to spend a weekend away with my wife for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed June 2013
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your 2 night stay with us at Grove House.

I was most pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you liked the style of your bedroom.

During the past 12 months each bedroom and bathroom of the property has been modernised with attention to detail paid throughout.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you both back for another stay in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reston
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Found Grove House on "Just Go", wanting a place near, but not in, Oban - having stayed in Oban on a previous trip. Connel is a quaint small village. Kirsty, our hostess, was so perky and friendly, you felt the Scottish warmth right away. Nice digs and wonderful breakfast - love those smoothies. She recommended a very nice walking trail, that offered us some of the countryside we would have missed otherwise. The local pub, the Glue Pot, became an instant favorite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on your 2 night stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Grove House.

Great too that our freshly prepared fruit smoothies went down well at breakfast.

I shall pass your kind words onto Kirsty. She takes great pride in the operation of the business, and is always to happy to assist guests with advice on trips, walks , eating places etc
Her bubbly personality is a huge asset to Grove House.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you all back to stay with us again in the not too distant future.
carterton
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night,the room and furnishings were superb.The house is beautiful,the choice at breakfast is overwhelming,and the staff were very friendly and warm if u are looking for a top quality place to stay this is it.Thanks to Karen and Kirsty

Room Tip: You wont, find much better than this.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you very much for posting a review on your stay with us at Grove House.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that you liked the style of the property.

Great too that our gourmet breakfast went down well.

I shall pass your kind words onto Kirsty. She will be rather pleased. She takes great pride in the operation of Grove House, and always looks forward to welcoming guests to stay.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to stay in the not too distant future.
Leeds
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had stayed here before when visiting Oban and decided to stay again. Room was a good size and very clean and fresh. Lots of choice for breakfast but the only improvement I would suggest is more choice of drinks. I only like fruit juice and they do not serve it.
Short walk to the Falls of Lora, well worth a look. Also love visiting the Glue Pot pub, stayed all night eating and drinking.
Free wifi available
Room for cars on drive and also on the road.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on your return visit to Grove House.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

We serve a gourmet breakfast with a choice of at least 15 starters, 10 main courses and a fresh fruit smoothie.
I am sorry that we had used up all of our oranges that morning in our smoothie. We often carry extra oranges , due to the popularity of the smoothie that morning they had all been squeezed.
So I am most sorry that I was unable to offer you a freshly squeezed orange juice as an alternative.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back for another stay in the not too distant future.
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and loved every minute. From the moment we were greeted to when we checked out we were made to feel extremely welcome. Kirsty gave us loads of local information such as where to find the best fish and chips and how to get over Connel Bridge. The only thing I could say that was a negative would be a high chair would've been handy as my little one likes to explore but breakfast was not only very tasty but a good experience speaking to other guests at the communal table that all seemed to be there for different reasons and from all corners of the world. Any time we'll be in the area we wouldn't hesitate to book here. We would like to also wish Karen every success in her new venture the 5 star Ardtorna B&B.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Many thanks for posting a review on your stay at Grove House.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time , and that you found Kirsty to be most helpful during your stay.
I shall pass your kind words onto her.

Many thanks too for your good luck wishes for our sister property Ardtorna. We have just returned from London where we won ' Best Guest Accommodation for Scotland ' with the AA.
We were delighted especially as we had just won the ' Best Guest House for Scotland ' the previous month at The Scottish Hotel Awards in Glasgow.
Perhaps we will be able to welcome you to stay with us at Ardtorna next time for a little change.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was only planning on staying one night but enjoyed it so much and felt so comfortable that I stayed on for a second. Kirsty, Karen and Anna were all so kind and so very accommodating. And the rates are more than reasonable.

Although I had a car, I really enjoyed walking and exploring the area and both nights I ate at a nearby pub/restaurant recommended by Kirsty that was just a pleasant stroll away. Wonderful!

By the way, the Connel Ferry train stop appeared to be a short walk away. I say "appeared" as I drive into Oban, took the train and then realized that the Connel Ferry stop seemed to be walking distance to the house, but I'm not certain as to the actual distance. You might want to inquire about that, if it could prove helpful in your planning.

Beautiful area, fine rooms and baths, wonderful hosts, and all at a great price. What's not to love? All in all, a memorable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank John S
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Many thanks for posting a review on your stay at Grove House.

I was most pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

I shall pass your kind comments onto Kirsty and Anna - they will both be delighted to read your review.

Cheshire UK
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had 'booked' Grove House for 2 nights 14/15 May 2013. Our Booking.com print out said Main St Oban - but it turned out to be located in Connel a £12.50 taxi ride, as we had arrived by train. On checking the booking it did say that the Grove was in Connel. However a frequent bus service to Oban stopped outside the Grove House.
We were met by bubbly Kirsty who showed us to our room (the 'Love' room on the photos) We were later to discover that our booking was merely an enquiry and had unbeknown to us never been confirmed. No matter that some Germans arrived,(correctly booked in) we were to told to stay put, and the later arrivals were found another room.
Breakfast included the plumpest & flavoursome Loch Fyne kippers I had ever tasted, so I had the same the next morning. My partner really loved loved the smoothies and savoury pancakes with smoked salmon. Mine Host Karen was extremely welcoming and really treated us as visiting family. A must for future visits to the West Highlands.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you very much for posting a review on your 2 night stay with us at Grove House.

We were most pleased that we were able to accommodate you on the day of your arrival. We had received a cancellation that morning - so we managed to juggle rooms around and offer you one of our superior en suite double with a bath and shower.

Many thanks for your kinds comment about Kirsty. I shall pass this onto her. She will be rather pleased. it is always lovely to have feedback from our guests. We do value this very much.
She is a delight to work alongside, and she takes great pride in welcoming guests to stay .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Connel
Falls Of Lora
#7 of 13 in Oban
Ardtorna B&B
Ardtorna B&B
#1 of 3 in Barcaldine

Been to Grove House? Share your experiences!