“very friendly staff, fabulous food,great location,comfortable rooms.”

Lochnell Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Connel B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2011

After our ferry to Mull had been cancelled we arrived at this hotel at the height of a storm with 70mph winds battering the loch and blowing down trees. There were several power cuts as a result but the owner and staff provided us with food and drink and a very warm welcome. The rooms were good and the food at dinner and breakfast was excellent and at a reasonable price. Despite the mayhem outside and the lack of power within the staff were very calm and guests were unaware of any difficulties. This hotel is one of the very best we have stayed in and we will be going back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Found this Inn a good number of years ago when we booked in for dinner. Decided to book in for the night as my husband had some business in the area. Booked in very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were small but clean, but the view was out of this world, we booked room 2 at the top of the house which had a small balcony which you could walk out onto and it had a table and chairs, didn't use as it poured all weekend. Cant beat the sottish weather. We had dinner in the restaurant which overlooked the water, dinner was superb with a very extensive menu. Very reasonable as well. I would come back here and have no problem in recommending this inn.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2011

The double room was very clean and had everything a traveller required plus a mega bit more - french doors leading to a private balcony where you could sit and watch the world go by and see the most stunning scenery - more than money can buy! In the morning we watched a duck carefully round up her ducklings and swim off past a heron standing still - just beautiful. Food both in morning and evening - excellent and one of the best things is, that the hotel provides everything essential at whatever pace you require. For the price you pay this hotel is first class - highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I travel a lot, both in the UK and abroad and usually approach a stay in a traditional Scottish hotel with trepidation, expecting poor service, food, room standard and facilities. I only stayed one night at the Lochnell Arms, as I live in Fort William and had a late night business meeting followed by an early start the next day. The owners could not have been more accommodating of my needs, nor could the young woman who booked me in and ran round after me plying me with coffee and good cheer on my arrival past 9pm.

A very unusual feature was the offer of early breakfast. For working people this is so good, I've had many a rammie at hotels all over the highlands with managers who totally refuse to serve breakfast before 8.30.

I recommend the place highly and will take my wife there for a weekend break in the next few months.

Room Tip: Good food, clean bedroom, reasonable price
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank vlbloke
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed at the Lohcnell Arms hotel for one night, in a top floor room with a balcony for a price of £100 per night. The room felt quite average, nicely decorated and with a descent sized bathroom (shower) with a skylight window. TV with wide selection of channels but the wi-fi did not work. The absolute best part of the room was to have our own balcony overlooking the water.
The food in the restaurant was absolutely lovely, I ate a fabulous sesame seed flavoured salmon with fresh veg. They also had many choices on the breakfast menu. The staff were very friendly, and it felt like a family-run hotel with a nice vibe to it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Went to this hotel 2weeks ago and I can say the food was the best I had ever had it was quite at lunch so thought I would try that night had chowder it was great steak was cooked perfect and then had the most specail dessert ever wow the bannofee pie was to die for try it trust me amazing

Reviewed July 3, 2010

Recently planned a surprise 80th Birthday Lunch for our Aunty. The staff were excellent and could not fault them for service and helpfulness.The sunday carvery is great value and catered well for our large party ranging from 5 years to 80 years.Food hot and plentiful-everyone well fed . Thanks Lochnell Arms you met all our expectations. Would recommend to any locals to host a family celebration here. Nothing was a problem-when we arrived they had decorated our lunch area-which was a lovely gesture

• Stayed: June 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connel
Falls Of Lora
Muthu Alexandra Hotel
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#9 of 13 in Oban

Been to Lochnell Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!