“Excellent lunch”

Lochnell Arms Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Lochnell Arms Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Connel
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Enjoyed an excellent lunch at the Lochnell Arms, the dining room host Mairi making the visit with her usual charming, friendly manner. The food was excellent and the service exemplary. Will visit soon again and can highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This eatery has great potential with its lovely setting. Unfortunately, the food is substandard and needs the help of a good chef. The server was wonderful and everyone was very nice. With attention to the food and improving the music there is the possibility of providing a wonderful place to eat.

1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We came as a family for the Sunday lunch. We had been sitting at our table for 10/15 minutes and no-one had come to ask us if we wanted drinks or to ask if we wanted the soup to start. We got fed up waiting so helpled ourselves to a cold starter. Still no drinks so we stopped a waitress and asked for some including two childrens lemonades. The children (aged 2 and 4) got a PINT glass of lemonade each ! After finishing the main course no-one came to clear away the empty plates until we were halfway through our desserts. There was no spoon at my setting for the dessert so I asked a waitress for one and she said "Wot fo' ? ! I simply pointed to my dessert...Again after dessert we were'nt asked if we wanted coffee's - we were then told they only had 3 clean coffee cups and would a mug do for the 4th....? The service was so poor we actually laughed about it for days afterwards !

2  Thank Snuggling
Reviewed May 22, 2013

EAT AND STAY HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Warm bottled beer on arrival, very poor service which was not the fault of the very young waitresses as they admitted they'd had very little training.
The meal was terrible, I had haddock fishcakes with pea veloute which was in actual fact potato cakes with peas in white sauce and was close to inedible and the worst food I've had the misfortune of eating in a very long time. It was a catastrophe on a plate. The white wine we ordered was also room temprature.
Upon compaining and asking to speak to the manager, I was told that he/she was in bed at 9.30pm and was unable to come downstairs! Upon leaving, I was told I had to pay in full and there was no one who I could speak to about my dreadful experience.
If you have eaten out in other restaurants before, I fail to see how anyone could enjoy the food and service at this abismal hostel and eatery. The only redeeming feature was the spectacular views.
There is a serious management problem at this establishment and they are entirely to blame for our dreadful dining experience. I can only recommend that anyone reading this review DOES NOT STAY OR EAT HERE.

4  Thank kirpur
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Myself and my family have just returned from an evening dinner at the Lochnell Arms hotel. Embarrassing and disappointing to say the least! We have a very well behaved small dog and the restaurant was recommended to us specifically for being relaxed and happy for you to bring your dog.
In the midst of our family meal, (where the waitress got some of the order wrong and advised she did not hear my request), our dour waitress announced to the entire restaurant pointing" is that a dog under the table ?" Astounded and embarrassed we of course said yes. there was then a hushed exchange with another waitress where upon our dour waitress went off ranting health and hygiene issues. We did confirm, confused, that this was indeed dog friendly to be told, management are happy with it but the waiting staff were not !!
On a positive, the other waitress and bar staff appeared friendly and location is nice.
Not worth a visit, with or without your pooch !

3  Thank aileen d