“Fab. Fab Fab!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Poppies

Poppies
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Connel
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 2013 SCOTTISH BAKER OF THE YEAR WINNER!! Good soup guide & GTN Great Garden Centre Award. Popular Coffee House restaurant attached to Poppies Garden Centre and Gift Shop with spectacular views and comfortable surroundings. All of our delicious menu from seafood platter to macaroni and cakes are freshly cooked on the premises. Fresh ground coffees & extensive tea menu. From Poppies With Love x.Open 7 days, ample free parking.
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Fab. Fab Fab!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I recently went on holiday to Appin with my sister. We visited Poppies garden centre and had the fish platter, and Cinnamon crunch coffee. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The only complaint i have..... is it is too far to visit on a daily basis. Hey ho i have to wait another year.

• Visited May 2014

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Good Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Visited this Cafe on a lovely warm sunny afternoon and sat outside..which was lovely. Both of us had Lemon Sponge Cake, which was light moist and you could really taste the lemon.

Service was good and friendly, and what I really liked was that people were allowed to take their dogs with them certainly into the outside area..not sure about actually indoors though, but to me that doesn't matter.

A little gem of a cafe well worth a visit.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Issey2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent apple tart and ice cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I visited this cafe twice in the last week while working in the area and it was very comfortable with good service. Their apple tart was one of the best I've ever tasted and the ice cream was simply fab ...

Visited May 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“I wish I lived closer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife, daughter and I stumbled across this little hidden treasure on a visit to the beautiful west coast. The views have to be seen to be believed, and the staff were immediately very attentive and couldn't be more welcoming and helpful.

We both fancied the macaroni cheese with garlic bread, and our daughter who loves olives, as though they were sweeties, was given a bowl of them, even though it wasn't on the menu! The food was delicious and felt healthy and light, unlike other mac cheese pasta dishes I've had elsewhere. We both had hazelnut Mel Frappe's which was ridiculously tasty, and my wife then had a baked fruit tart which she ate with a lot of 'mmmmm' sounds.

My only complaint is that the frappe wasn't served in a jug so I could have indulged a bit more!

Prices in line with the experience :)

Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jamie L
West Coast Of Scotland
“Lovely spot but food portions very very poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Visited accompanied by my wife,about four weeks ago for Lunch.Lovely spot with nice views out towards bay&hills .Staff welcoming&helpful Owner sitting at table having coffee with supplier?,she did not speak to us

Have visited before for coffee&cake ,which was fine

Alas this time we had Lunch,which was poor both for choice,quality,presentation &quanity
We both had panni's which were overpriced(£7.95) each ,poor quality&poorly presented with an excuse for a salad accompanying the panni's
Coffee&cake was okay

A can of diet iru-bru was grossly over-priced @£1.95
£23.95 for two panni's,one can iru-bru,two coffees& one cake was over-priced

We found the food distinctly average,poorly presented &grossly over-priced for what we got

We eat out a lot at various Establisments for Lunch&dinner &it is our opinion that Poppies is NOT good value for money ,we will not return

Garden center&gift shop also over-priced

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank ArgyllScotland
Marion M, Owner at Poppies, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments... we do have a great location as well as welcoming & helpful staff. Our paninis' are £6.99 and are accompanied with fresh salad delivered to us daily, as well as our menu ranging from macaroni to seafood platter we also have our chefs daily specials. Our fresh ground coffee is made by Poppies trained Baristas and in 2013 we won a Scottish Baker of The Year prize, as we're continuosly striving to achieve the highest standards possible for all of our valued customers.

We encourage all our customers to speak to our staff to make them aware of any issues, without feeling uncomfortable in doing so, as we would prefer the opportunity to address any situation to the satisfaction of the customer so that their experience at Poppies is as pleasant as possible.

Please call in again and ask for myself, Marion, to give us the opportunity to make your visit an enjoyable one.

Best wishes