“Lovely location, good food and service”

The Vineyard Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Vineyard Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Lamberhurst
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kent
“Lovely location, good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten here twice in the past few months for lunch and the food has been very good. The sandwiches, pasta and fish and meat plates are delicious.
Service is friendly. Beer garden is spacious and there are some lovely walks based from the pub.

Visited October 2013
Aline K, Events at The Vineyard Restaurant, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for your lovely review and I am pleased all boxes are ticked! We look forward to seeing you soon at the Vineyard,

Brighton, United Kingdom
“If you have dietary requirements - AVOID!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

The Vineyard was the venue for a catch up lunch with friends earlier in the year. We met early and took advantage of some of the many footpaths locally winding around Lamberhurst, so that we could work up a healthy appetite for our visit to The Vineyard.
We had booked in advance, noting some dietary requirements for a couple of the group, including my own FODMAP medical dietary requirements of avoiding wheat, onion and garlic. We had a lovely big table at the far end and, although service was very slow, and we had to go and, after a 20 min wait, find the waitress so that we could order, we were not rushed and enjoyed the pleasant ambience of the bar/restaurant.
The Fish Board which looked very enticing so I queried the ingredients - the accompanying bread would not be possible obviously but I wanted to check the various fish offerings, including crab cakes. The waitress was most re-assuring, we checked several times. After a bit of a wait, our lunch began arriving, again several of us asked the waitress to absolutely confirm that the Fish Board contained no wheat, onion or garlic. She dashed off to ask the 'chef' and returned confirming that none of these ingredients were on the Board. I could see that the bread type sticks would not be possible but relaxed to begin to enjoy the Fish Board, starting with the crab cakes. They were in a crumb coating but I have learnt that some rice coatings look quite similar and are fine! The crab cakes were delicious - but I was somewhat taken aback to find, as I was finishing the first crab cake, the waitress, without a by your leave, returning to the table to start scraping off what remained of my crab cakes onto a plate for removal. it seemed that she had now been advised that all the ingredients which I must avoid were in the delicious crab cakes.
Hopefully it was all a one off poorly staffed day. Unfortunately, it started several months of very poor health for me. The waitress kindly offered me a free compensatory cup of coffee at the end of the meal. One of my friends who had made the booking, gave feedback to the Vineyard later and the Manageress expressed dismay and offered a no charge meal in compensation at a partner restaurant. But, with the passing of time, they declared nil knowledge of the offer when a telephone enquiry was made several months later.
The meal was absolutely fine for my friends who do not have medical dietary requirements and so The Vineyard could be recommended, other than for the slow service. interesting menus, great atmosphere and good location. I find most restaurants extraordinarily helpful and careful when made aware of the restrictions but sadly, not in this case. I will not be back.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Brog721
Aline K, Events at The Vineyard Restaurant, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Could you kindly call me on 07889 885 366 to discuss further as all feedback of this nature is usually dealt with by myself. I look forward to your call.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Very Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Lovely Kentish Country Pub. We called for supper with friends during our stay in Tunbridge Wells and were very disappointed with the meals we were served. Three of us chose Duck Spring Rolls with a side order of chips & the fourth member had Cajun chicken on flatbread - all of which were very average. Unfortunately our puddings were very poor, the blackberry & apple crumble looked as though the fruit had come out of a tin & the crumble topping was very powdery with a scoop of ice cream on top. The blackberry crème brulee was almost inedible. We naturally sent these puddings back. The fourth member in our party had sticky toffee pudding with no sign of dates in a very unappealing sponge. These are all puddings that I make at home & should not be difficult to get right.

The waitress was very pleasant & we were offered tea or coffee on the house & apologies from the chef. We did enjoy our evening out but would not return to eat in a hurry. The food was restaurant prices but not restaurant quality.

1 Thank cedmen
Dear visitor,

I am sorry we failed to impress on your last meal. You comments have since been discussed with the Head Chef and we are always looking to improve our standards.

With kind regards,

Colchester, England, United Kingdom
“A Special Treat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

With 18 year old twins, boy and girl, mother decided to treat all after a taxing day. We were not disappointed. Son chose steak and daughter ale battered fish, mother a virtuous salad. The food was worth photographing, and as we very rarely eat out it was a treat, although there were a few things which could have been better. Sitting inside in a wood panelled room our view was of the road and green. The musak was terrible, and I had to ask it to be turned off. We were sitting right under a speaker and it ruined any ambience. I originally thought the Vineyard was actually a place to buy a bottle of the local (British) wine, but unfortunately I was mistaken. There was none on offer anywhere, which was a pity. Although you drive in through the Lamberhurst Vineyard the two are not connected so the direct relationship to the soil is not there. This I think is a missed opportunity to offer up an experience rich in local produce. For me the £ price was very high, but it gave me a taste of how the other 1 % live South of the London border.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jane O
Aline K, Events at The Vineyard Restaurant, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed the food and service. Your comments about the music have been noted...

Chapel Down has now the privilege to use the grapes on the Lamberhurst estate, The Chapel Down Brut, Rose and a few other lovely local bottles are sold on our wine list. Unfortunately the shop linked to the Vineyard has gone a few years ago.

Thank you for visiting us with your family and hope to see you soon at the Vineyard.

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“much improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went to the Vineyard just after it opened and the experience was not good but I have to say the meal we had on Thursday was very good and the service excellent.

I enjoyed a lovely starters of figs followed by a really good game pie. The New Zealand Sauvignon was first class and reasonably priced. We will be back

• Visited October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you firstly for coming back to us and posting your very positive feedback. Good to know you enjoyed the experience and we look forward to your next visit.