“Nearly but not quite!!!”

The Vineyard Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Vineyard Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Lamberhurst
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edenbridge Kent
“Nearly but not quite!!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Thursday Lunch. We were recommended this Pub and Restuarant and so after a great walk around Bewl Water, we were delighted to learn that our dog was welcome in the bar and we were able to have lunch. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the service was swift. A quick order of a great pint of Harveys accompanied by a truly brilliant salad of lambs sweetbreads, with honey and walnuts. This was excellent.

We followed up with a linguine with Crab ,Crayfish and Chilli ,and again although very tasty, regretably no heat in the chilli to be found. My wife's fish and chips was wonderfully fresh, however the batter was too heavy and leaked oil onto the fries. Our sticky toffee puddings with Clotted cream ice cream were excellent. Would I go back again, sure, it was friendly, had good beer and with a couple of tweaks the food could be very, very good.

1 Thank HaxtedMill
Aline K, Events at The Vineyard Restaurant, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed the experience with us. We always look to improve our standards and your comments are useful.

See you soon,

Wadhurst, United Kingdom
“Victim of its own success?”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Since finding the revamped Vineyard some 8 months ago we have been regular Sunday lunchers and increasingly evening diners. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food good and sensibly priced. We were fans.
However, two recent experiences have rather soured our view. Two girl friends offered to take me for lunch for my birthday and asked where I would like to go. I chose the Vineyard. Whilst they had decent meals, mine (linguine) arrived cold. I returned it for heating and it was returned to me cold again. Once again it was returned and they kindly took the cost off the bill. This gesture was apprciated but the experience was far from satisfying.
Undeterred we returned on a Saturday evening when our children were home from school for the w/e. It was a busy night for the pub with a large private party in the lower dining area. The srevice was slow and once again my meal (a fish risotto) was served cold. The problem was this time it took an age to have it heated (the rest of my family were almost finished by the time my food was returned) and sadly it was absolutely tasteless. My husband has asked me to point out that his rabbit pie was excellent and the boys meals were good but again it was an unsatisfactory experience. This is not a moaning minnie note. We would love to see the Vineyard get back to its recent but for us former glories!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Pippa H
Dear regular customer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and firstly I would like to apologise about the delay in responding to your comments.

Feeback is promptly discussed with the Front of Huse team & Ktchen, so as to act on areas needed to be improved straight away.

We are constantly working toward improving our consistency and we look forward to welcomimng you soon at yor local pub.

Best wishes

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant experience.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

If I had read some of the previous reviews of this restaurant before setting out to meet friends for Sunday lunch today-I may well have cancelled the booking, having regard to the number of moaning minnies who found fault!

However, our eperience could not have been better. The staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. Our Sunday roast was excellent, between the 4 of us we sampled beef, lamb and pork and we all enjoyed the adequate portions of nicely cooked meat and vegetables.
Desserts enjoyed very much by 2 of our party.

Despite some other reviews I can record this as being a great pub/restaurant-very cosy and not overpriced.

All best wishes to the staff--keep up the good work.

Dear Visitor,

Thank you for your lovely feedback & I am delighted you enjoyed our company while having Sunday lunch.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kidn regards

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“5 Star food, service, atmosphere.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to the Vineyard on Friday the 1st of Feb 2013.
we received 5* service,supurb food,and the atmosphere was great, can not fault the Vineyard, we have been a few times and always get the same service and quailty of food,friendly staff who could not do enough to please, we look forward to our next visit.
Rosemarie Steve Edwards, Georgie and Steve Murray.

• Visited February 2013
Aline K, Events at The Vineyard Restaurant, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear regular guests,

Thank you for your support and we are delighted you enjoy your visits with consistancy. See you soon.

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
“Leaving a bad (bitter) taste in my mouth”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I must start by saying I’ve never written a review before and I’m not usually one for doing so but this experience left such a bitter taste in my mouth it seemed like the right thing to do.

We were passing through Lamberhurst one Sunday and thought Sunday lunch would be a great idea. I could not have been more wrong.

We walked in and you could not rest on the bar for empty dirty glasses, however we took this as a sign that they had been busy for lunch and possibly understaffed, always give the benefit of the doubt.

We were told there would be a short wait but no more than 15 minutes. So a drinks order was placed including a coffee for me and seats duly found. I must say nice warm fire in the main bar although now just a heap of embers. So 15 minutes pass the rest of the group have their drinks but no coffee for me and that’s after asking for it twice. Now if the place was heaving I would understand but there were only a few people in. OK so still no coffee but we are now being seated, which is good. But still no coffee! Coffee arrives and only took 35 minutes.

Menus arrive and taste buds tingle. The menu looks great, well except for the spelling mistakes and random capital letters all over the place. But that is nothing, I’m sure you’ll find plenty in this review, so pot and kettle spring to mind. But back to the review, the food looks amazing on paper.

I don’t know about you but for me there is nothing better than a Sunday lunch, so it was Sunday lunches all around. Mistake number two. After a few minutes of us talking through the virtues of lamb over pork or beef over pork I had my heart set on lamb.

The table staff return and the orders are placed, “ I’ll go for the lamb thanks” . “We are not serving lamb we’ve run out” was the rsponse. Now I totally understand this but it would have been nice to know this when the menus were given to us. At this point I was ready to get up and walk out but let’s look at the past 50 mins as just a bad start. So beef Sunday lunch ordered and all in the world should be good, shouldn’t it? Not so…

The sprouts were hard and I don’t mean “al dente”, I mean warm and hard! Roast potatoes were rubbery on the outside, hard on the inside. The meat was cold and tasteless and the icing on the cake and the reason for the title of this post, the gravy. Now the gravy should be able to save a bad dish but it was very bitter, thus rendering the meal borderline inedible! I can say without a doubt the worst gravy I have ever tasted. However it looked great on the plate. But that is about all. We gave up at that point, skipped dessert and got on our way.

My advice don’t stop at the vineyard, drive on and don’t look back. Oh one thing, if the member of the vineyard staff who spent 45mins on his phone texting had maybe spent a little time with the customers the level of service might improve.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank James S
Aline K, Events at The Vineyard Restaurant, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Visitor,

Firstly I would like to extend my sincere apologies as well as from the team at the Vineyard, that we failed to look after you last sunday.

Your comments have already be discussed at lenght with the team and with my colleagues who served you on the day. I am also sorry we were not given the opportunity to make it up to you on the day.
Should you wish to, please do feel free to contact me at events@elitepubs.com as I would very much like to make it up to you and restore your faith in the Vineyard.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Kind regards