“A very nice pub”

The Vineyard Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Vineyard Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Lamberhurst
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

It was our first time to The Vineyard and we were very impressed. We were greeted on arrival and shown to our table and ordered some drinks. We chose from the Sunday menu and the food that we had was delicious and the service was very good and they were very attentive. Would recommend the Broccoli and Stilton soup and the Roast Beef, the Crumble also shouldn't be missed :)

My only criticism of the place is the way a query was handled when we paid the bill and the lady that presented us with the bill was someone we had not met at all throughout our 2hr lunch. My husband had two pints of lager shandy ½ / ½ and we were charged £3.90 per drink. When we queried the price per drink we were told in a blunt fashion that they always charge for a pint of larger regardless of whether this was the drink and that she had done that in all her jobs in the past.
Having worked in the city for 10+ years I have never experienced this across the city and you pay a reduced price for a ½ / ½ mixture.

Would def recommend this place but be warned if you are drinking larger shandy ....

Would we go back, yes we would.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Having been so dissapointing by the predessor, I didn't hold out much hope. A Monday night supper with friends was a very pleasent surprise. Everything; decor, ambiance, service and food & wine has been catapulted into the upper end of pub dining. It could not have been a more welcome change. So delighted, I decided to return with my family (inc. two small boys) for a Saturday lunch. Service standards slipped very slightly as the pub was packed and staff were clearly doing their best to manage a constant stream of 'walk-ins' (thankfully I had booked) However, we were treated with the same curtious service as I had been a few days before for an adults-only group and the food was excellent, with the exception of my husbands steak which was well cooked but on the measly side. Staff were very apologetic for forgetting my coffee, getting a drinks order wrong and for the slower service, which compared to most pubs in the area, was still exceptional.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Everything conspired to make Sunday lunch at The Vineyard a wonderful relaxing experience.

Easy to get to, plenty parking, nice local walks to burn off the big lunch, tastefully furnished and well laid out, good service, a varied menu with good use of local ingredients and cooked well. So why 4 stars instead of 5?

1. there was quite a long delay between the starter being cleared and the main course arriving with no explanation or apology
2. the main courses when they did arrive were not as hot as they could be. Not sufficient to send back to the kitchen but they had clearly been sitting somewhere after having been plated up in the kitchen
3. an inexcusable mistake on the bill. Surely it should have been noted that with only 4 diners it was wrong to charge for 5 main courses?

These comments are fairly minor but detract from the 5 star experience that The Vineyard otherwise would have been when all considered together. Don't get me wrong though - we'll all be going back.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Vineyard was recommended as a great place to use as a base for some great walks. It really hit the spot. My partner and I booked for sunday lunch a few weeks ago (and just aswell we did because it was packed). We had the holloumi starter - which did seem a little underdone but nothing worth complaining about as it was followed by a lovely sunday roast and pleasant service in a really well thought out pub. Nothing was too much trouble for the serving staff and the gentleman (who we assume was the landlord/manager) was very helpful, efficient and friendly. They have maps of many local walks, one of which we took, bringing us back to the pub to collect our car. A great day out complimented by a great place to eat and drink. With so many pubs closing its telling which ones are surviving and why. I shall gladly pass on my recommendation to others for this place.

1  Thank checkthetoilets
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Was recommended this pub by a National Trust staf member after a fun day at Scotney Castle. And what a recommendation. The pub has been tastfully refurbished, without losing any character. The Manager was friendly and helpful. One of the locals helped carry our drinks to our table, you don't any friendlier than that! They had our favourite ale, Harvey's. So the ale was fantastic, now onto the food. Scillian olives were had while we perused the menu. What a different menu to any pubs I'd been to. Very imaginative. They even had Italian ham on the bone, which I've never seen in England. The whole food experience was a delight and we all were bowled over by the entire experience. Service was fantastic. No microwaves here. Good honest food, great service, fine ales, with a great landlord. All you could wish for from a Pub, if only more were like it. We will return even though its a 40 minute drive, its more than worth it.
Brilliant.