“Great property, gardens and estate walks”

Scotney Castle Garden
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Really great estate walks of varying lengths. Well kept property and gardens. Cafe good (check for opening times). Overall, fab place to spend a few hours in the countryside.

2  Thank TheTravellingBearUK
Write a ReviewReviews (1,250)
All reviews
in 14 reviews
"estate walks"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a beautiful house - not really a castle- the gardens are stunning. Every angle has been put on a post card or a puzzle! so the place seems very familiar.

2  Thank Marydbr
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The house is fascinating to view with all the original furnishings. Lovely walk down to the old castle which is simply picture perfect on a sunny day. Gardens worth visiting anytime of the year. Put this place on your list.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited this Castle when my husband was recovering from a knee op and was wheelchair dependent. The website said it was wheelchair friendly, so we set off. The car park was some distance from the castle, but there was a v efficient electric train thing running back and forth, with a v friendly driver, who helped us. That was all good fun, but when we arrived at the castle, we set off around the gardens to find they were on v steep slopes and I really struggled to push our (admittedly antiquated) wheelchair around. Other visitors could see I was struggling and were v kind in offering to help, but it's embarassing, so I just struggled on. My poor husband found the whole experience v frustrating. It is beautiful, but an electric wheelchair would be an advantage!

1  Thank Sarah F