“Traditional Pub”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Traditional Pub”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Good well cooked "Pub Grub" in a nice atmosphere. A nice place to go if yiou want a simply traditional meal in a typical pub envronment

UK
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was worried because as a member of a party of 12 we had booked for lunch but the reviews made me wonder what we were in for and it was too late to cancel. So glad we didn't, the ladies behind the bar welcomed us as soon as we walked in and told us the rest of the party were already seated. Our orders were taken quickly and our first course arrived within 15 minutes. Mains then followed about 15-20 minutes following first course being cleared away. At all times the waitresses were attentive, jolly and extremely friendly, constantly checking that we had everything we needed. The food was hot and plentiful and everyone thoroughly enjoyed our visit

• Visited January 2013
Wadhurst
“Ok, but not great”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I visited on a Tuesday lunchtime with a friend and our babies looking to get a reasonably priced, quickish lunch.
It was fairly quiet but didn't think that unusual for a Tuesday but no member of staff insight. I waited at the bar for at least five minutes before someone appeared. She was very friendly though and agreed to heat my babies food which she immediately did. I ordered drinks at the same time which were brought over and she took our food order.
Given the pub was quiet it took over 20 minutes for our minute steak sandwich and chicken burger to arrive. The sandwich looked nice but the meat was chewy and there was too much bread. The burger arrived in a massive bun with just a bit of limp salad underneath - the menu mentioned tomato which the waitress said she would fetch but then forgot about, only bringing it once I had nearly finished my meal. Condiments were a couple of sachets of tomato sauce and a squeeze tube of cheap mayo.
Overall I probably wouldn't bother again. The waitress was friendly, the atmosphere was pleasant the pub certainly well presented but I was disappointed with a basic lunch that cost £25 in the end....

• Visited November 2012
London, UK
“Very average, could be so much better”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I don't want to be excessively negative about a pub that's trying its best, and I think it would be a great pub just to have a drink in, as it has a great beer selection, but I went for a meal and the food was incredibly disappointing. For example, the pies just have puff pastry dumped on top of them (as opposed to being cooked with shortcrust all the way round) and the carvery came straight out of my grandmother's 1970s-based idea of what a carvery should be like - having said that, I do think that someone like my grandmother would absolutely love it. On the whole though, considering that I went with high expectations I would have to say that the food is not going to please anyone who is expecting proper grastropub style stuff.

• Visited October 2012
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Amazing Steaks!!!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Came to this pub as heard it was excellent and I wasn't disappointed, we both had steaks, and the meat was perfect, the chef is excellent! shame about the grumpy waitress, warm and friendly atmosphere! Fantastic place to eat! would recommend to anyone passing through!

Sam Stone