“Nice end to our holiday ”
Review of La Poissonnerie

La Poissonnerie
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant and sale of fish Atypical framework Specialty : fresh fish and seafood
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Food in general is pretty rubbish in Corsica. We could not find one restaurant that we enjoyed.

But this restaurant was the best one in our two week holiday.

The starter wasn’t the best but it was edible. Main: fish and chips, can’t really go wrong but the dessert: profiteroles were hugely disappointing. I mean come on, you guys are French, I shouldn’t be able to get better profiteroles in the UK!!

But my daughters enjoyed the themed restaurant and as I said we left full and happy.

Also, the waiting staff are helpful and polite.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed August 17, 2017

Great restaurant and fun, helpful wait staff. The fish market also sells delicious fresh fish. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Funky restaurant mainly appreciated by very young kids, surprised by the shark hanging outside and entertained with the little toys available.
Food offers nothing memorable.
Service is slow as everywhere in corsica in August.
There was an extra charge on the bill the owner justified as taxes (?).
I Will not go back.

Date of visit: August 2017
Leonardo V, Propriétaire at La Poissonnerie, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Hello thank you for your comment but in france we have the TVA added to the price sorry but i think in italy it is the same
Good vacancy sir

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 20:00 for a fish dinner. We were greeted by a hostess and a waiter who helped us to the table. There was another table seated in restaurant.

After being seated the staff disappeared before asking for aperitif. It was hot so we were dying for something to drink and as the menu has few options we were quickly ready to order.

However, the staff had disappeared completely.
We patiently waited, and waited.... and waited...
Still nobody around.

I got up from table to find someone. I finally found a group of wait staff in the bar. There were five people (including apparently the owner/manager) hanging out chatting.

A bit annoyed, I indicated that we would like to order our drinks and food. He said they were just giving us time to choose. I informed him that we are ready to order now.

To my surprise, the owner (or manager) told us that we should find another restaurant...!
He said that they will not serve us...

I first thought it was a joke but I quickly understood that he had no intention of serving us. He again said to leave the restaurant...

At this point I went back to the table to inform my wife that we need to find another place as they refuse to serve us here....

Even for temperamental Corsica such behavior is stunning and unacceptable.

4  Thank 400henrikw
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Went to eat at La Poissonnerie this week (03/7/2017). We were really well received. The food was very good as well as the wine. A very good price/quality restaurant. They clearly chose to have good and fresh food instead of an extensive menu. By the way meat is available for those who don't eat fish. Kids are welcome too. We'll certainly go back next week.

Date of visit: July 2017