“Devastated”
Review of Garden Hotel

Garden Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pastida
Reviewed March 25, 2012

After returning to this hotel for 12years I cannot believe the change in the place. We went in June absolutely brilliant but when we went in again September it was awful. Food was dreadful attitude of management was indifferent to say we have been so many times I am gutted. Have booked for Rhodes again as we have many friends there but will not be staying here.

Stayed: September 2011
5  Thank planespotter147

Reviewed February 25, 2012

My partner and i went to this great hotel last may, it was my first time however my partner had been there before we met, this was a great hotel were we were made very welcome by all the staff and Jenny and Evgenios. When my partner first went it was Jenny's father Babis
running this hotel and they have carried on his great welcome. We also met a fab couple
there and we have now become the best of friends. This hotel will give you a place to relax and chill out in perfect peace.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter aged 10 in August 2011 and have been very apprehensive to leave a review as all the previous ones very much mislead me. The reviews that swayed me to book this hotel were that of the pool. Never has a heart sank so much on the day of arrival when I got my first taste of the main pool. We bought an inflatable from the hotel shop and after 30 seconds in the pool it was covered in scum - so much scum I couldn't go in the pool again. Thank God there was a children,s pool which was spotlessly clean or else the holiday would have been a disaster. The hotel itself was perfectly fine and the rooms were clean and tidy. The highlight of the entire week was Paul the incredibly great hotel bus driver (looks like Ross off Friends). If the pool was clean I wouldn't hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Jo-roundtheworld
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Once again we have come on our annual pilgrimage to the Garden Hotel. Still the high standards of cleanliness at the Hotel .Tasty Greek food served to a good standard, entertainment was provided which on some nights was very good, but if it is not your cup of tea then take a steady walk down to the village, have a drink at Giannis and people watch in the square.(what an experience) You always get a welcome drink on arrival at the hotel and the company of the many holidaymakers also on a return visit makes the holiday so enjoyable. Well done Jenny and Evgenios

from Ken and Myra Sheffield

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Once again we enjoyed a fabulous holiday at the Garden Hotel. Evianios & Jenni & all the staff made us so welcome - anyone who complains must be 'trelli' - some people are just born whingers...or, as they say in Greek, 'ma**kas'!! The rooms are clean, comfortable and the food is excellent and good value for money. Most people return year after year...and although given a 2 star rating officially, we'd personally give it 4 stars! If there is ever a problem, it's soon sorted.Roosters crow at all hours of the day and night all over the island...just use earplugs if they annoy!
Once again we met some lovely people and thoroughly enjoyed a well-needed break in our favourite 'oasis'. Many thanks - hopefully will be back next year! Linda, Dave & Noel - efharisto poli!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The pool is nice BUT:

- Rooms look like the came from a soviet military base;
- Beds are really back breaking;
- Music is ridiculously loud and nerve wracking and there are events almost every night;
- Internet price (2€/hour) is ridiculous,
- Room service is bad, we had towels with holes, no soap.
- Bathrooms are claustrophobic and SHOWER HAS NO CURTAIN WHATSOEVER, so every time you take a shower the bathroom just floods everywhere.
- THEY HAVE ROOSTERS IN FRONT OF THE POOL, which at 6.00 am go in a race to make the most loud noise possible.
- Dinner service is really expensive for what you get (10,00€/person), you can really save money going out every night .

After 4 days I went to talk to the owner about the roosters and the loud music EVERY NIGHT and he told I could leave the hotel if I didn't liked it. So the day after I went on a nice hotel in Ialissos (quiet, but still in the middle of a nice night life area). I payed for what I owed and they gave me no receipt of the payment I made.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mauro C
Reviewed October 10, 2011

After a lovely holiday on Rhodes we were caught up in a delay with Ryanair who claim the problem was with the strike with Air Traffic Controllers. Whilst standing in a massive que for the best part of five hours to find out how we would get home we were talking to two ladies from Liverpool whose names were Kim and Rose. On finding we were going nowhere they decided to phone the Garden Hotel where they had stayed the week before. They managed to book a room for themselves and also one for me and my partner. At seven o'clock in the evening we all piled into a taxi and went to the hotel and were greeted warmly by the owner Eugiene and his lovely wife. There was a meal available in the restaurant which was tasty but unfiretunately due to all the stress of the day we could not fully eat but this was in no way a reflection of the quality.
We were shown to our room which, yes, I suppose would be classed as fairly basic but I have seen worse in Greece and the cleanliness was outstanding. The beds were comfortable, the water lovely and hot in the shower.
We did not get alot of chance to look around the village as Ryanair called us on the next morning to tell us that the extra flight would be leaving at 10.30 that evening.
I can say though that we were very grateful of the wonderful greek hospitality shown to us by Eugiene and his family and staff and must say that the price he charged us of 50euro for 2 persons for one night half board was a real bargain. He did not charge us any extra to keep on the room until 6pm and provided us with a choice of menu at a very reasonable cost before our journey to the airport. On asking him to order us a couple of taxis to go to the airport he would not hear of this and insisted on taking us in his very comfortable mini bus.
Although we did not get much opportunity to find out alot about this hotel I can say that what we saw was great. Eugiene's daughter even printed off new boarding passes which we needed for the flight and we thank everyone for all the help we received. Thanks once again to these lovely people for giving us help when we needed it most.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pastida
Nathalie Hotel
Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes
Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes
#12 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Eden Roc Resort Hotel & Bungalows

Been to Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!