“tranquility by the sea”
Review of Villa du Plageron

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer
Villa du Plageron
Cabrières-d'Avignon, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
“tranquility by the sea”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I don't really want to share this gem of a find because I would still like to be able to get a reservation (only 4 rooms), but I think it is more important that others should have the opportunity to enjoy this great spot on the sea as well. I have just recently spent 3 nights in the calm and relaxing atmosphere of Villa du Plageron and have since made reservations for my next visit. The location is ideal with its own private beach, including canoes if you so desire to be adventurous. The hosts Bruno and Virginie are discrete and respectful of your privacy, yet available if you should have need for anything; information on the area, restaurant suggestions, directions to a private beach along the coast via canoe etc. My breakfast arrived each morning on the terrace of my room punctually and they paid attention to my particular dietary likes. My room was very clean with nice linens and I very much appreciate how the owners take pride in keeping the rooms and property well kept and maintained. Please note they do have a small child who is present on the property, yet I was not overly disturbed by his presence, but something to consider if it is not your preference to be in an atmosphere as such. Overall I think it is a very special spot on the sea as are the people who make it such. I can't say I had anything but a pleasant stay and look forward to my return. *On a side note, I left some valuables in the safe in my room and Bruno was more than accommodating in making the arrangements for their return to me in a prompt and expedient manner.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank David P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Eventhough the weather was not how we expected, the experience to stay at this wonderful guesthouse was very special to us. It's all designed with love and with excellent taste. It is the perfect location for lovers (no TV..) and people who appreciate the beautiful things. Bruno and Virginie are very nice, cultivated, extremely friendly and know that they have created a juwel here. Thank you and we'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rye, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My wife and I spent a night at Villa Du Plageron and were amazed by the large garden running down to the foreshore. The hosts Bruno and his wife were totally charming and most helpful (Speaking good English).The room was good with sea view and terrace outside where a first class breakfast was served in the morning. Bruno also booked a restaurant table for us (about 3Km away). We loved the area more than any other on the coast from Nice to St Tropez.
Unfortunately there were no toiletries but this may have been an oversite as we arrived early.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a sea view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Town
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Easy to find off the busy coastal road to St Tropez is this enchanting B & B. On entering our room we were met by the lovely aroma of Roger & Gallet. The room is authentically furnished and comfotable including a silent fridge and coffee making facilities for that early morning cup. Our hosts Bruno and Virginie were unobtrusive but always there to help with recommendations for local restaurants and attractions. The atmosphere is relaxed and peaceful and has its own private beach with the sea lapping at the bottom of the garden. Breakfast, with its fresh local ingredients, is served on your own terrace.
This place is a real gem and we'll definitely be back, but for longer next time.

1 Thank Hugh W
london
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is a unique place to stay. Villa du Plageron captures all that is special about the Var. And all that is admirable about French style. Discreetly tucked away at the end of a small lane, you are welcomed into a haven of natural beauty and utter tranquility by the lovely hosts. Our large, immaculately clean room was a mix of 30's style with strong Mediterranean, almost Moorish, colour palette. We spent our first night watching the sun set from the cove at the end of the property. The next morning, after a superb continental breakfast, we relaxed on lounge chairs, on the private beach terrace that overlooked the glittering sea. Stylish, tranquil and unique - who could want for anything more....

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 29, 2011

When my mother walked into the suite my parents and I had booked at the Villa du Plageron, she gasped at the view: The azure Mediterranean, unfolding from beneath our terrace. We all pretty much kept gasping for the duration of our too-short stay. I don’t know if we’ve been to a more enchanted place. Spectacularly situated – the sea at its foot, with your own beach – and decorated with surpassing elegance, both the grounds and the rooms. Every detail was superlative: The super-comfy beds, the generous and lick-your-fingers-delicious breakfasts, the (at last!) strong wi-fi. A terrific restaurant for dinner (Le Relais des Maures) within walking distance, and a short drive away, God’s own place for lunch: Tamaris Plage, on the Pramousquier beach. If possible, this majesty was exceeded by the charm and hospitality of the hosts, Bruno and Virginie Lang. We had been driving all day before reaching the villa, so we decided to walk the .6km to dinner at the Relais des Maures. Bruno gave me a flashlight, explained how to get there, and finished with: “If you are tired at end, please call me and I will pick you up.” That pretty much tells you everything. The most thoughtful, considerate people, not only attentive to every need but anticipating it. Bruno is a painter and Virginie is a dancer, and the villa is a family home, so all of it is a passion project, and it shows. It wasn't the cheapest place we stayed on our trip, but it was so worth it, and we regret having booked so few nights. A place we’ll remember all our lives.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Suite Cap Negre, which has two rooms, each with a bed, perfect for traveling groups...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Den Haag
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Nothing to add to all the raving reviews. Great rooms, service, location and breakfast. Loved the cote d'azur / thirties / art deco atmosphere. Almost five stars, only minor disadvantage is that we could hear our neighbours next to and above us walking, talking and snoring. Not disturbing, but sometimes a little annoying.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer
Hotel Les Terrasses du Bailli
#1 of 9 in Cavalaire-Sur-Mer
Beau Soleil
Beau Soleil
#2 of 38 in Le Lavandou

Been to Villa du Plageron? Share your experiences!