“Wonderful hotel and staff”

Astura Palace Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Nettuno
Algonquin, Illinois
“Wonderful hotel and staff”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. And if you book an oceanfront room, the view will be incredible. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Not only will they help you with your local travel needs, but they also helped my wife book rooms for us in other Italian cities for some weekend travel and even helped her buy the appropriate train tickets. There are also several restaurants within short walking distance. This is definitely my hotel of choice when I am in the area.

Room Tip: If you are booking a double, be sure to ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Astura Palace Hotel is in a great location overlooking the waterfront and within walking distance of shops etc. Our 5th floor room gave a great balcony view of the oceanfront and was very roomy and clean. Breakfast was very good with an excellent selection - Staff were very friendly and helpful - one blemish was that they didn't have any tourist maps at all of the area - one of the first things I request when I check in to any hotel is a map of the area and I am sure this could be easily rectified as they were able to direct me to an information booth someway down the waterfront for a map which had everything I wanted.
Parking bays are out the front of the hotel in "Reserved" bays - we were lucky enough to get one however it seemed locals were parking in the other bays and ignoring the signs - that's Italy I hear you say!! This doesn't detract from our enjoyable stay and I would recommend this hotel most definately.

Room Tip: Room 505 had a great view and very quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We got married nearby and all of our wedding party stayed here. It was lovely, the staff really looked after us! The hotel is in great location in Nettuno and a short walk to beach and train station, so you can be in Rome within an hour!

• Stayed June 2013
Paris, France
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed only one night at this lovely hotel this past weekend. Arrived after dark, so did not realize what an excellent location it was until we entered our room and my husband threw open the balcony doors. The sight of the harbor lit up below us and the waves rolling over the beach to the left and right of the harbor was phenomenal. We were on the fourth floor, room 403, which seemed to have a larger balcony than most, and may well have been a larger room. Everything was perfect. The room and bath were spacious, updated, well appointed, and incredibly clean. We slept with the balcony doors open and the sound of the sea and the fresh ocean breezes were delightful. There was a bit of street noise with the door open, but it was not excessive and did not disturb our sleep. Staff was incredible friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was above average and the early morning light shining into the breakfast room was a treat in and of itself. Though I thought that the cost was fair for what was offered, sadly, it was slightly more than what my budget could bear, if I could have afforded it, I would have stayed for a week. I guess I will just have to save my pennies so that I can go back!

Room Tip: The room on the ends of the halls have the largest balconies.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank czar479
Silver Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel location was perfect! The staff was great, they helped me plan my dinner & gave great suggestions for some local site seeing within walking distance. The room was clean & quiet. I loved having the balcony facing the waterfront. Was told this is the best place to stay in town, & now I know why. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We booked the hotel online and really didn't know what to expect. It was an easy walk from the train station. We were greeted warmly by English speaking staff at the front desk ad given the key to our room on the fourth floor. The room was fine, clean, neat and functional but when we opened the shutters....spectacular view and sea breeze! The staff were helpful and attentive and we were delighted by the daily breakfasts which included unlimited cappuccinos and hazelnut croissants! Cereals, fresh fruits, assorted pastries and a hot breakfast were also available if desired. We lingered at breakfast each morning, taking in the lovely views and chatting to new friends from Denmark and Dublin. The hotel is a short walk to the beach and the Medieval City. Restaurants, cafés, street vendors and shops were all an easy, pleasant, cobbled street stroll away. The staff were helpful and tolerant of our terrible Italian. They made suggestions and booked us a car to get back to Rome for an early morning flight. I highly recommend the Astura Palace Hotel for a pleasant business or vacation stay with reasonable rates and breakfasts included.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This family run hotel was in a great location right across from the beach/harbor. It was only a very short walk to the beach.. It was also a short walk to the old town and central city. We rolled our luggage from the train station in an easy 5 minute walk. Beautiful views from the balcony of the breakfast room. The hotel was very clean and all the staff very pleasant. It is very suitable for a relaxing few days away from the hustle and bustle of Rome. Highly recommend it.l

Room Tip: The rooms to the front of the hotel were the only one with a view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nettuno
Hotel Marocca
#6 of 6 in Nettuno
Hotel Neptunus
Hotel Neptunus
#3 of 6 in Nettuno

Been to Astura Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!