“Lovely place for a meal with good company”

Cider Press Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Highbridge
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A very pleasant place for a family meal out. The only disadvantage from our point of view was that the wooden floors make it rather noisy. There is a very interesting shop nearby which makes a visit here more of a day out.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

What a nice clean place to enjoy good food. Have enjoyed afternoon tea with cake and fantastic cream teas. Scones are very yummy and warm with plenty of clotted cream and jam.
Great place to eat indoors or outside in the sunshine on the terrace, play area for children which is enclosed for safety. 10/10

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I took my mum (and dad) here for a surprise lunch on Mother's Day. Based on advice from a "regular" I had booked some weeks in advance and I sincerely suggest you do this. All tables were reserved - indeed I had one of the last tables for the 12 noon sitting.

We arrived early and had a look around the shop which is well-stocked with a great range of cider and other beverages, some local food and a small but exciting selection of some very unusual cheese (White Stilton with Mushroom anyone?).

This place is all about the food - the quality of the food here is absolutely fantastic and it is properly "home cooked". For the Sunday carvery, you can choose two meats out of three (you can also have anything else from the menu). The carvery meat portions are generous, there is a great selection of vegetables, "Yorkshires" and roast potatoes were properly and traditionally done - none of your pre-prepped Aunt Bessie's rubbish here (I make no apologies for being demanding about this!) - and the gravy was fab.I admit to having a starter (Creamy Garlic Bruschettas - gorgeous). If you can manage dessert, there is a wide, mouth-watering choice. I could only manage ice cream - but these were three of the biggest scoops I have ever seen! Nonetheless, I ate it all with relish - blackcurrant and vanilla made with clotted cream - how could I resist! The friendly staff could not be more helpful, efficient and accommodating. Families with young children were well catered for and there is an outdoor play area adjacent to the restaurant. All the children here were exceptionally well-behaved and it was such a pleasure to experience this.

The combination of good, well cooked food and great staff is a winning formula and I hope nothing changes. Definitely not the last time I visit but being a displaced Somerset lass living in Kent, it is sadly a long way to go. Breakfast looks very tasty and I am persuading the "Parental Unit" to try this and report back. How long to Easter....? I thoroughly recommend a visit. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The selection of choice was good. The carvery looked great but we choose two meals from the normal menu which didn't disappoint. The food was served beautifully with a good portion for a very sensible price, the puddings looked lovely too - just make sure you visit with an empty tummy that way you can appreciate the food much better. We would certainly re-visit and the fact the restaurant was full on a week day lunch is testament to the quality of food and service - well worth a visit.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

good somerset fayre enjoyed the wassailing experience, been several times since to purchase cider the shop and restaurant great and worth a visit