“A very warm welcome awaits you!”
Review of huntspill arms - CLOSED

huntspill arms
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Great Torrington, England, United Kingdom
“A very warm welcome awaits you!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My sister and I enjoyed a fabulous lunch here. We were given a very warm welcome by all the staff and Josh, behind the bar, was extremely helpful. You know you have gone to the right place when the staff are smart and friendly.
The decor is pleasant and comfortable.
The lunch menu offered something for everyone. The food was well presented and plentiful.
I will certainly visit again.
Plenty of parking.

1 Thank Lucie H

“Really lovely and very good value for money......”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My Hubby and I had a lunchtime meal in this nearby restaurant and we really were pleasantly surprised. All the main course meals are buy 1 get 1 free every day of the week, which was great value for money and the meals were good size portions and delicious. I opted for the steak, which was cooked to perfection and the stilton and pepper sauce is an absolute must, it was the nicest sauce I'v ever tasted with a steak and my Hubby chose the chicken breast with a creamy garlic and mushroom sauce, which again was delicious. All the staff were very friendly and the service was quick. I would definately recommend this restaurant to others....

1 Thank Jurassica22
Mark, Somerset, United Kingdom
“Shambolic Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I booked a table for 6 for Sunday lunch to celebrate a birthday. On arrival we were told that all that was left was 'roast chicken', well the chicken wasn't roasted, it was dry, grey and tasteless, accompanied by poor quality peas, cold carrots and baby potatoes, roast potatoes, a beast of a yorkshire pudding, watery sour gravy. A thoroughly unpleasant meal. Will not be returning.

3 Thank Melina C
somerset, england
“Great personal service”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went to the Huntspill arms to celebrate fathers birthday, as soon as we entered the building we were given a warm and friendly welcome and were treated Ike old friends, the service was really good, the food excellent, a fantastic surprise was when a birthday cake was delivered to the table which made all the difference to the celebrations, thank you for a lovely time

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank stuart w
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Budget dining? Cannot be beaten!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have had better dining experiences but only in exclusive (very pricey) restaurants. If you are on a budget the Huntspill Arms cannot be beaten. The food is of a very high standard and our waitress was fantastic, wish we had taken her name for our review (petite blonde girl). This is our first time at The Huntspill Arms, we only called in for something cheap and cheerful as we couldn't face cooking after a long journey. Feel like we have stumbled upon a real local gem. What a find, we would have spent more in Tesco and would have had to cook and clear up too!

• Visited September 2013