“A quality restaurant with superb waiting staff. (Mike-Anne)”
Review of huntspill arms - CLOSED

huntspill arms
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A quality restaurant with superb waiting staff. (Mike-Anne)”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant on a weekly bases since the current owners took over. It takes us a good 30 mins to drive there, passing more than 30 other restaurants on my way there from Brean. However the reception on arrival coupled with the quality of the food makes it a very worthwhile journey.
The food is freshly cooked rather than the reheated/ regenerated stuff so popular in many other places and the value for money exceptionally good. This, even though we normally go with three adults to this 2 for 1 restaurant.
On the one occasion that we did have a very slight concern, the action from the staff to rectify it unbelievably quickly demonstrated the care and concern from the staff.
I would not hesitate to recommend the Huntspill Arms to anyone but I would book in advance to avoid disappointment.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Out standing people and food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and Ii went tonight to give it a try
As it was close to us
The welcome we received was very friendly
Nothing was to much trouble.
maggie was really helpful.
The owner spent time to chat to us.
we met the chef I complimented on his food.
We will be regulars there thank you Huntspill arms

• Visited July 2013
Highbridge, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We visited on 3d June, we waited over half an hour for our order, the coffee was in small cups and cost over £2, although the Lamb chops with minted gravy was worth the wait, I will return to the restaurant we normally use and only use this restaurant when friends want to.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Gillysomerset
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Second but not last visit”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was our second visit to The Huntspill Arms because we enjoyed it so much last time. Was we disappointed? hell no! It was even better! My three daughters cleared their plates with no complaints at all and I thorougly enjoyed my meal. Fantastic home cooked taste and quality, value for money portions and just the right amount to leave enough room for the amazing chocolate pyramid for afters. Waiting time was very minimal, we were again greeted on arrival and seated straight away by the friendly staff. I must say that on both our visits, the staff have been polite and attentive to the point it makes you feel special. They really are a credit to the place and whatever they are payed, isn't enough. Lovely relaxing atmosphere, non intrusive music, beautiful food and the best staff I have encountered in any restaurant. Thank you for such a lovely evening.

Pembrokeshire
“Food good Service let it down!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently went for lunch with friends to the Huntspill Arms. When we arrived we were greeted by a miserable looking woman who showed us to a table for four. Straight away our drinks order was taken and the drinks brought. We picked what we wanted from the menu and waited for someone to come over. Despite waving, clicking our fingers etc the young man seems miles away! We caught the eye of another young waitress who took our order. We waited a long time for our meals to arrive and when they did the waitress (Miss Miserable - it doesn't hurt to smile!) arrived with them and said "Your meals took a long time because you ordered salmon it takes over 20 minutes to cook someone should have told you!" Really!! Talk about service with a smile! We must have been waiting over half and hour! It has to be said we had no problems with our meals they were lovely. The chips were homemade, not your usual frozen affair and the new potatoes weren't hard which can usually happen. We couldn't find fault with it. The drinks were a little overpriced though but you usually find that at these 2 for 1 places. We decided to go to our friends for pudding and coffee which was a good job because noone asked if we wanted anything else!! We were the only ones left in the restaurant, there wasn't many to begin with. But closing time was up and they obviously just wanted to get rid of us. We went to pay and asked to split our bill but apparently because it had already gone through the till we couldn't have it split all told by Miss Miserable! We stood our ground - because our friends had a £12.95 meal each and we had a £16.95 and a £14.95 meal. So instead of getting the £14.95 and the £12.95 free we had two times £12.95 free, only a difference of £2.00 but its the principle! MM said I'll go and see the boss then came back almost instantly (suspicious)with "He said "NO" visions of Little Britain were going through my head by now!! The young waitress was very sweet and kept apologising to us MM did not. We paid up and didn't leave a tip. I suggest MM gets some wind it might make her smile and encourage some more customer, theres no need for rudeness!

3 Thank PembrokeshireAnnie