“Nothing To Write Home About”

Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack Beach Bar
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Frigate Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: we used this Breeze Bar situated right on the beach for lunch & dinner, the speciality was the whole lobster but we choose the fresh prawns with pleanty of trimmings. A lot of people use the Shack from the cruise boats at lunchtime then many local people hix in with the Marriot Hotel gests for dinner. Thursday nights are perticularly populary as they have a bonfire on the beach (no trouble with smoke as the wind is always off shore in high season) Friday & Saturday evening can be crowded and it is advised to book early on these days, Reasonable prices and good portions, book for a beach table if you want to hear yourself heard, Also does boat trips/ sport fishing, loverly sunsets if you get thier before 6pm.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Now it was super dead the week we visited but to me this place was really nothing to write home about. No food during the day and very, very limited menu at night. No music after 9PM. I have to be honest... I was disappointed. Oh... and the beach here is lovely but to enter the water you have to make your way across some serious rocks. Beach chair rental was very good price but I am pretty sure that had something to do with the fact that we were the only ones on the entire beach that afternoon.

2  Thank LESLIEKURZ
Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had mahi mahi and jerked chicken and both were good. But when the bill came, it took us some effort to get out of them that service charge was already included.

2  Thank lilyCWorld
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Right on the beach, and across the street from the Timothy Beach Resort, this is a great place to try a decent variety of dishes at reasonable prices. Many of the tables are on the beach with thatched canopies, so kick off your sandals and put your feet in the sand while you relax and eat.

2  Thank Chris C
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This beach front bar /restaurant was pretty lively most nights. It is right by the Timothy Beach hotel and we either popped in for a drink before eating or to have a meal several times in the 2 week stay. Meals were always good, the ribs in particular were a hit in our group. Some nights there is karaoke others a band. All in all a good place and reasonably priced

2  Thank jeniben
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The staff there is by far the best service oriented and this was by far my most favorite place on the island. Food is good and staff is exceptional. Veda is the best!! I celebrated my 50th birthday there (7 days in a row). A memory I will never forget. We travel frequently and I must say Shiggidy Shack is probably top of my list for favorite places.

1  Thank davenanne