“Not like it used to be”
Review of PJ's Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

PJ's Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 24, 2014

When we heard PJs was coming back after a few year hiatus, we were pretty excited. The original PJs was a nice, casual place to hang and have some decent food away from the ho-hum overpriced resort fare at the Marriott. But the rebirth of PJs on our visit there just felt like a step down from the old PJs that we used to look forward to going to on our visits to St Kitts. The food and service are decent, but there's just something lacking here. For those that haven't experienced the original PJs, you should be satisfied with a meal here as the place still has a lot going for it. We just don't always seek it out like we used to when we return (we just returned from a visit and did not make it back to PJs this time based on our last experience).

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We found PJ's to be just an average restaurant, nothing special but not bad. The service was acceptable and the food was alright. The drinks were very good. We ordered the Garbage Calzone along with the Spinach Calzone to share. Both were very heavy but with tasty fillings. I would probably go back to try their other Italian specialities on our next trip to St. Kitts.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Ate in PJ's a couple of times - on a Monday when there is a "Happy hour" and a lot of the restaurants on the "strip" are closed. The restaurant/bar was very busy both times. First time service was excellent, but the second time it was very slow and it took 15 mins to get a drink (I will admit that the serving lady did seem to be having an off night). That said - it is St Kitts - and slow and steady is the rule of life there. It meant when we got drinks we had more time to enjoy them. The owner did come by and apologise for the delay which I thought was a very nice personal touch - showing she does care about her customers.

We had both had pizza both times and I thought they were excellent - the herbal bases were very good indeed and the crust was fab.

If I go back I'd certainly eat there again.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Thanks for the memories. PJ's was always a regular favourite for a dozen years. Taking a break, the restaurant changed hands two years ago. We missed PJ's 'much much niceness' - what a pleasant surprise to find PJ's open again!
Success to all - staying in St. Kitts, worth the short walk from the Marriott!
Not to be missed!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I've never had to write a review this strong but after our experience last night I felt like I need to warn other diners. We can't recall ever having a dining experience where we got the distinct feeling as we did last evening that the owner and staff couldn't care less about our experience in their establishment. The one waitress was overly stressed by a large party while the owner sat on her stool at the front of the restaurant holding court doing nothing to help. The gentleman at the table next to us had to get up and walk over to the bar and ask for a glass of wine for his wife. The bartender tried to pitch in and help with the service so kudos to him we appreciate his effort. My wife's favorite eggplant Parmesan was so tasteless and tough that she says it will be a while before she feels like she can order this dish again. In Addition to her meal I had simple spaghetti and meatballs, we split a spinach salad and had three glasses of the house Merlot. Our bill was $75. And there is the "PJs tax": most places have adopted the islandwide exchange rate of 2.7 EC dollars for US dollars, PJs rate is 2.6 effectively adding 4% to your bill. There are too many other good places to eat around here, we visit here often and and PJs will never see us again.