“Learning kitesurfing with Nick”

Beach Addiction St. Kitts Nevis
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Frigate Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Extreme Watersports Excursions: Kiteboarding (Kitesurfing) - Feel the natural power of the wind as it lifts you and you glide across the water. Certified IKO Instruction will ensure you have fun in safe and controlled environment! Flyboarding - Fly like Ironman with waterjets shooting out of your feet. Rocket into the air, dolphin dive, backflip... So much fun and anyone can do it! Sailing - Have your own boat and captain for the day and learn how to sail! Hands on experience and a great way to spend some time out on the water with friends or family! Wakeboarding - Great fun for those low wind days! Surfing - We'll keep you up to date when there is good swell to go out and rip some waves!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I started out with a 3-hour lesson with Nick, and found it to be so helpful that I signed up for another lesson the following day. His straightforward explanations and clear instructions were really good, he is an excellent instructor. Safety was a strong focus, as well as understanding the kite, control and ultimately the board. I felt like I made great progress, and am planning to get a rig in the near future. I understood after my lessons that I could never have learned to kitesurf on my own without lessons (even with my windsurfing and wakeboarding background). I highly recommend Nick as an instructor. He was also kind enough to come pick me up from my hotel and drop me back off. Great service and definitely worth it. Turtle Bay is a beautiful spot to learn, too, by the way.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My 16 year old son and I had an adventurous and exhilarating day on the water on Captain Nick's 32' sloop. We were so happy that Nick and his assistant, Alexander, were excited to teach my son "the ropes" of sailing and experience the thrill of hoisting the sails, steering the boat, and so much more! We were blessed with a beautiful windy day as we careened effortlessly through the water. (At one point, I actually screamed with excitement as the boat tilted whilst full speed with full sails!) We personalized our journey and sailed from St Kitts to Nevis, as Nick was very accommodating to our needs. They picked us up from our hotel and we took the dinghy to the sailboat. They made sure we had a relaxing joyful time on the water...with opportunities to jump in the water and cool off..or just lounge on the boat with snacks, drinks, and good conversation provided. I am happy to say that this experience has sparked my son to take up sailing now that we are back home in Florida. Thank You Nick and Alexander, we arrived as tourists and left as friends.

NickDupre, Owner at Beach Addiction St. Kitts Nevis, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

I'm so glad to hear we converted Kyle into a Sailor. Let me know when how he gets on and maybe he can come down and help me for a working summer holiday or something! It was a pleasure meeting you guys. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I took a 30 minutes lesson of flyboard with Nick and it was really awesome. The best activity of my St-Kitts trip !
You just need a few minutes to understand the basics and then you can enjoy a flight at about 5-8m above the sea.
Flyboarding is definitely one of the funniest and easiest nautical activity you can find ! A must if you are there for a short period and want to enjoy a water sport without needing any expertise or specific knowledge.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I love water sports like kitesurfing, surfing and most recently flyboarding. I must say that my last experience at Beach addiction flyboarding made my day. I have tried before but the lack of professionalism and non sense organisation did not made me comfortable. This time around with Nick Dupre and Beach Adiction it was just great. I felt confidant and had a great time flyboarding. Now looking forward to join Nick for a session and find out more about is kiet surfing school. will try to post more about the kite surf and other activities that Beach addition has to offer wile on this beautiful island.
Flyboarding in St. Kitts is definitely with Beach Addiction
Way to go Nick.
Grazie mile.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Nick was recommended to me by an active kitesurfer who recently moved to St. Kitts. I thought it was quite expensive, but Nick explained to me that it was one-on-one instruction, so I took the plunge. I was not disapointed. We met at Turtle Beach, Nick explained to me the kite and gear. He was thorough, and safety minded, pointing out common errors, giving useable hints and tips.

Being a beginner in the water was humbling, but the power of the kite was exhilarating and learning to control it came quickly. Before my three hours were over, I had a taste of things to come when Nick offered me to try with the board. I managed a sort of water start. The whole session was great, and with Nick I was able to progress quickly, so I took another lesson the next day. The wind was not as strong, so I got a larger kite and managed to get up on the board and get on the plane a couple of times. Nick followed me on the beach teaching via hand signals when I was too far or walking with me when I was on the beach going back upwind. Next time I am on St. Kitts I will definitely be getting lessons from Nick again.

Thanks Nick!