This is a great resort, below are the highlights:
Check-in; Smooth and uneventful, the hotel staff is very efficient
Rooms: we originally had an ocean view room and were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. The rooms are well appointed and comfortably sized, with a desk that allows wired internet connection plus a separate sitting area with a couch, the bathroom was huge with separate bathtub & shower. The only negative about the room was the bed; it was way too soft, just a piece of foam. The linens are great and the bed was fine after there was a piece of plywood between the mattress and box springs. The a/c worked great, my wife likes to keep the room just warmer than a deep freeze.
Internet: There is wi-fi available in the lobby and at the pool, in your room there is only an ethernet connection available, plus the use is not free. I think it cost us about $70 for the week.
Restaurants: We only ate at two restaurants on site: Calypso and the Bar. The food is fine, not too bland and the variety was mixed enough to keep us coming back. We were on the all-inclusive plan but ate out quite a few times. We visited Reggae Beach twice and Mr. X's Shiggity Shack and would recommend both for a good meal.
Getting around: renting a car is a must have. The roads are pretty decent, driving is on the left side of the road and most of the cars are right hand drive, it is easy to acclimate to and traffic is pretty light. We rented our car from Hertz whcih is in the business center onsite at the Marriot, all they had was a micro car or the midsize Nissan Almera; which is what we rented. It was almost worn out but only cost us $330 for the week
Things to do: we spent two days on the beach at Reggae Beach Bar & Restaurant- this is cool place to hang out. They have great food, beach chairs, water sports rentals and the highlight is Wilbur the pig and the monkey/goat cage. My son spent hours playing with and teasing Oliver the vervet monkey; he is in a large outdoor cage with Mocha the goat. The monkey is a nut, watch your sunglasses he will take them of your face in a flash. We also spent a day shopping at Porte Zante, this is a large newer area close to the cruise ship port that houses most of the tourist shopping: jewelery, souveneirs, cigars and alcolhol stores. We also spent a Tursday night at the Shiggity Shack; what a blast, this the night that the "awesome fire man" does his act with fire like a circus act. The food was excellent and the bonfire on the beach was a nice touch as well.
Golf: we played two rounds at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club which is managed by the Marriot. The course has a great layout, the fairways are lush, the greens are some of the best I have ever seen in the Caribbean. Holes 15, 16 & 17 are on the Atlantic Ocean and make the round, the views are incredible.
Casino: I spent four nights in the onsite casino and had a blast, they have all of the usual table games, the dealers were great to interact with and they were not afraid to hand out the chips. Drinks are free and so are cigars or cigarettes.
We stayed at the Marriot from July 3-10 which is during the off-season, I really enjoyed the pool with a swim up bar and the beach was large with ample palapas to get shade under, the beach vendors can be a hassle but were all friendly and stopped pitching their wares after a simple no thank you. We will return again to this resort in the future, it is a great place for couples or families to relax and have a great time. When the sun goes down your options are pretty limited after dinne;, drinking, socializing or gambling were all I could find to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay