My husband and I stayed for 10 days from jan 1 onwards. We had great weather maybe a short (5 minutes maximum) shower here and there. The hotel is a bit dated (we stayed in the main building) but it grows on you. We were willing to pay for an upgrade but apparently the hotel was full.
The staff are friendly. All our interactions with them were professional, especially Tres and Michael at the front desk. Housekeeping was prompt and very consistent. There was a bit of the pool chair game but this happened only the first few days . We enjoyed the north pool when we found no pool chairs available in the main pool.
We had lunch at the hotel twice: the pizza shack serves great pizza but be patient as it can take up to an hour we also grabbed burgers at the bohemian pool side restaurant. They were average however they make a great mudslide. The lobby bar can get quite lively if there is a football game and they make great mixed drinks.
We did frequent the onsite casino and it was a fun way to make some friends and watch some people win. We also did the 1/2 day rainforest hike which we booked thru the front desk. It was very informative and we learnt a lot. Just be sure to pack a pair of comfortable shoes that you can toss out or wash.
We had a great taxi driver who we used for travelling throughout our stay , he was professional and we would highly recommend him. Lesroy taxi tour and services tel # 869 663 3937. (Tip: if there is a driver you connect with be sure you call him from your room phone versus asking the hotel staff to call.. Hotel staff will usually call and let it ring once and then hang up and suggest their preferred driver. )
We also did a island tour in Nevis, must do and we had a great driver there as well ... stedroy tel# 869 663 0068.
Good hotel but it will be interesting to see how they fair once Koi and Hyatt are on the island.
Enjoy your trip to this stunning island!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay