My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our seven year anniversary. We agreed that it was the best vacation that we have ever been on. We stayed from Saturday to Saturday. When we arrived they bumped us to a 5th floor suite free of charge. A benefit of taking vacation in their off season I guess. The majority of the staff was friendly and helpful in planning out dining ideas and excursions to enjoy throughout the week.
The balcony from our room was huge and the views were amazing. It certainly didn’t hurt that every day was 85 and sunny with a slight breeze.
The restaurants on site had great food. In the past, we’ve stayed at resorts in the Dominican Republic and in St. Thomas and frankly most of the food options weren’t that impressive. The food here was great. Most mornings we ate at the Calypso which had a tremendous breakfast buffet. The poolside Pizza Shack doesn’t sound like much but they actually had first rate pizza. The Bohemia had a swim up bar for drinks and the other side was open for walk in lunch. They had a decent size offering on the menu for a poolside bar. We also had two of the best meals of our entire trip right at the resort. We ate at the Blu restaurant and they had great seafood. Then a few nights later we ate at the Royal Grille Steakhouse. Great ambiance and we both agree it is the best steak that we’ve ever had. And the service at both places was outstanding as well.
What we loved about the Marriott is that it is less than a two mile walk to “the Strip” at Frigate Bay. The hotel is on the Atlantic but a walk over to the strip has you looking out over the Caribbean Sea. The restaurants there are simple but the food again is outstanding. And the view overlooking the water is great as well. If you eat at Cathy’s and at the Shiggidy Shack you will walk away a happy camper. You will find that they have reasonable prices and great fish.
In terms of the taxi service I would suggest that if you find someone that you like then ask them if they would like to help you for the week. We were blessed to meet a gentleman by the name of Don and he was great. He was always on time, he was always friendly, and he was always willing to share stories about the history of the island. He was extremely nice and professional. We know we lucked out as some of the other vacationers that we met had some bad experiences. We were fortunate to find Don.
We did a party boat/snorkeling advantage to Nevis and had a blast. What we found out a few days later is that there is great snorkeling right off of the resort beach as well. It is a very short swim out to see stingrays, sea turtles, and schools of fish. It is close to the beach and if you have kids they can easily swim out to the area. It was fun to see nature in that environment.
The beach at the resort was well taken care of each day. And they had plenty of lounge chairs which is not typical for many places. They also had tons of shaded huts across the beach.
Inside the resort the bars were well staffed with friendly people. And they also have a very nice casino just off of the lobby. They only have one poker tournament a week but they do offer two nights of bingo which we played and enjoyed. It is a decent sized casino for a resort.
The thing that we really enjoyed about St. Kitts is that we felt safe everywhere we went. Everyone was friendly and asking how our vacation was. We’ve been to other places where you are almost stuck at the resort due to safety concerns. That is not the case at all in St. Kitts as we were able to get out and see the majority of the island.
On our last night we ate off site at a restaurant called Carambola’s located on the Caribbean Sea coast. It is a beautiful restaurant, they have great service, the food is good, and the view is breathtaking. It was certainly one of the nicest restaurants that we found outside of the resort.
If we go back to St. Kitts we would most certainly stay at the Marriott Resort and Royal Beach Casino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay