WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino

St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frigate Bay
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Paradise in the Caribbean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

The St. Kitts. Marriott Resort and The Royal Beach Casino is a fabulous place to take a vacation. The staff is so friendly and cater to your every need. The condo we stayed in was spacious and well appointed . We loved every minute of our time there. It has many restaurants on site and many within walking distance. There are many activities each day and many tour around the island to take. Don't miss this little island and this great reaort.

Room Tip: Higher rooms giver a better view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Martha53

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
enola
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

The beach is clean, the hotel is clean. Has plenty of shops and when storms and heat of the day, the power doesn't go out like other resorts. Thanks goodness. The resort also has on the lower level few days a week, locals come in with local merchz.

Room Tip: No need for beach front. As you normally are not in the rooms anyway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank betty f
Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I have visited many islands in the Caribbean and have always enjoyed getting out to mix with the local people. After spending 5 days here, my wife and I both commented that the staff at this hotel were truly the most genuinely friendly people we have stayed with in all the islands. This included everybody. Not just a couple front desk people or a particular server. Absolutely everyone we came into contact with seemed genuinely happy and glad that we chose to stay on their island. We were able to venture out three nights, and this attitude was also evident where ever we went. The hotel itself was beautiful. Very well kept and the rooms were very clean. The staff though put this hotel over the top.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don B
Washington, D.C. USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a very nice property, with a fun pool bar, several restaurants, and some good rooms. I really enjoyed staying there, though it was on business, not for pleasure. But here is what else I need to say:

(1) Even though I was at the airport one hour ahead of time for departure, they had "closed the flight" and would not let me board. So I returned to the hotel. The reception was EXTREMELY friendly, got me back into my old room, at the same rate. Cudos!

(2) When I finally did leave successfully the next day (does sound funny, doesn't it?), I had in inadvertently left some portable disk drives in my room. I had not even realized this until Security emailed me at my job THE NEXT DAY, saying they had found the drives ion my room. They then facilitated their return to me here in the U.S.

Service in the Caribbean can be so-so. But here something is going right - I strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean/beach view, it is worth the upgrade cost (not too terrible).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greenford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here as part of my 50th birthday celebration. (This was the first holiday in years that I booked room only). I booked the hotel and air flight separate and on arrival in St Kitts we had to take a taxi to the hotel. I found this very easy as there were plenty of taxis available for the short trip to the hotel. When we arrived the receptionist was polite and very friendly. When she noticed that I was here to celebrate my 50th birthday she upgraded our room. The room was fabulous, a large bed, good size TV, a very nice bathroom, a fridge and ample storage space. We had a lovely large balcony that had a sun bed, which was prefect to top up the tan. The beach was gorgeous with amply sun beds and shades. We hired a car for 7 day and therefore we could eat at various restaurants which we enjoyed much more than when we use to go all inclusive. We did go to Nevis for the day (book via the hotel) but this was very expensive and was not really worth the money. We saw all the hot spots and we were glad that we had our car so we could stay longer at places we were interested in and leave places that we found boring. All in all I found this holiday to be one of the best, but that mainly because we were not all inclusive and could eat and be entertained at difference restaurants and places. A special thank you goes to Alexia (sorry if I spelt the name incorrectly) from reception, she was always so happy, pleasant and helpful, she is a credit to the Marriott Hotel, I wish all hotels had someone like her because she was always approachable and very knowledgeable about the island.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mukwonago, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We shared a 3 bedroom unit with some friends at the Marriott Resort. The accommodations were great for our group. The location to the beach was fantastic. There are 3 pools at the resort. Our unit was furnished with all kitchen appliances and utensils. We were lacking nothing. The beds had foam top mattresses. Each room had its' own A/C control.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BiggPapa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went to wedding on St Kitts at Marriott.
Everything was A+ from check in to check out!
Lots of good restaurant choices within, service was excellent -- everyone is trying to please
We were part of a group so might have had special pricing but it was worth what we paid and then some.
You can easily spend $100 - $150 per day on meals/drinks so the value was terrific, especially if you have beer and wine.
The ALL INCLUSIVE really is!
Golf is good, they take you to/from the course.
Scuba dive operators such as ProDivers pick you up and return you.

Room Tip: Don't waste money on the internet package -- you can get the lobby connection for free and use i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
Timothy Beach Resort
Timothy Beach Resort
#2 of 4 in Frigate Bay

Been to St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino? Share your experiences!