“They take care of you when in a jam!...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino

St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frigate Bay
Washington, D.C. USA
“They take care of you when in a jam!...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a very nice property, with a fun pool bar, several restaurants, and some good rooms. I really enjoyed staying there, though it was on business, not for pleasure. But here is what else I need to say:

(1) Even though I was at the airport one hour ahead of time for departure, they had "closed the flight" and would not let me board. So I returned to the hotel. The reception was EXTREMELY friendly, got me back into my old room, at the same rate. Cudos!

(2) When I finally did leave successfully the next day (does sound funny, doesn't it?), I had in inadvertently left some portable disk drives in my room. I had not even realized this until Security emailed me at my job THE NEXT DAY, saying they had found the drives ion my room. They then facilitated their return to me here in the U.S.

Service in the Caribbean can be so-so. But here something is going right - I strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean/beach view, it is worth the upgrade cost (not too terrible).
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Greenford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here as part of my 50th birthday celebration. (This was the first holiday in years that I booked room only). I booked the hotel and air flight separate and on arrival in St Kitts we had to take a taxi to the hotel. I found this very easy as there were plenty of taxis available for the short trip to the hotel. When we arrived the receptionist was polite and very friendly. When she noticed that I was here to celebrate my 50th birthday she upgraded our room. The room was fabulous, a large bed, good size TV, a very nice bathroom, a fridge and ample storage space. We had a lovely large balcony that had a sun bed, which was prefect to top up the tan. The beach was gorgeous with amply sun beds and shades. We hired a car for 7 day and therefore we could eat at various restaurants which we enjoyed much more than when we use to go all inclusive. We did go to Nevis for the day (book via the hotel) but this was very expensive and was not really worth the money. We saw all the hot spots and we were glad that we had our car so we could stay longer at places we were interested in and leave places that we found boring. All in all I found this holiday to be one of the best, but that mainly because we were not all inclusive and could eat and be entertained at difference restaurants and places. A special thank you goes to Alexia (sorry if I spelt the name incorrectly) from reception, she was always so happy, pleasant and helpful, she is a credit to the Marriott Hotel, I wish all hotels had someone like her because she was always approachable and very knowledgeable about the island.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mukwonago, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We shared a 3 bedroom unit with some friends at the Marriott Resort. The accommodations were great for our group. The location to the beach was fantastic. There are 3 pools at the resort. Our unit was furnished with all kitchen appliances and utensils. We were lacking nothing. The beds had foam top mattresses. Each room had its' own A/C control.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BiggPapa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went to wedding on St Kitts at Marriott.
Everything was A+ from check in to check out!
Lots of good restaurant choices within, service was excellent -- everyone is trying to please
We were part of a group so might have had special pricing but it was worth what we paid and then some.
You can easily spend $100 - $150 per day on meals/drinks so the value was terrific, especially if you have beer and wine.
The ALL INCLUSIVE really is!
Golf is good, they take you to/from the course.
Scuba dive operators such as ProDivers pick you up and return you.

Room Tip: Don't waste money on the internet package -- you can get the lobby connection for free and use i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank epipk
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Marriott has a full service travel desk that can arrange your land and sea adventures. They were extremely helpful in connecting us with sailboat captains, local tour guides and local restaurants. Although they tend to push the high end places, ask about the local fare; its delicious. Sail to Nieves to see the beautiful people. Swim up to the pool bar and meet the nursing and veterinary students who party there on the weekend. Fun times!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Roseau, Saint George, Dominica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Everyone was really nice and helpful, from the frontdesk to the maids. lovely scenery, nice rooms, good continental breakfast (loved the omelette). it was unfortunate i wasn't able to use the spa facilities but i received a tour of the place and got a little sample of a face scrub. It was a really nice experience.

Room Tip: building 13 suite 200 was really nice, you have the jacuzzi in front of the building
2 Thank Marie-Estelle2013
Chuluota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The St. Kitts Marriott is a beautiful resort on a beautiful island, in the middle of a beautiful and wild ocean. Although not the only place to stay on the island, I would venture to say it is your best bet if visiting for the first time. We had the all inclusive package - a tremendous value! The staff were all pleasant and helpful. Service at the restaurants was a little slow - I guess they are all on island time - but the food was excellent.

Room Tip: We had a first floor villa room with pools on the front and back side. Not sure if they have a bad...
1 Thank PeggyLovesDogs
Timothy Beach Resort
#2 of 4 in Frigate Bay
4.0 of 5 stars 560 reviews
Nisbet Plantation Beach Club

Been to St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino? Share your experiences!