Stayed 4 nights (Feb 19-22) - attended business function
- Guest Room: Our 1BD/2BA suite on the top floor of the main building was clean, classy, spacious and offered spectacular ocean view. Queen size beds were very comfortable with soft pillow-top(love it!), white bedding & plush pillows. Large master Bathroom had a jucuzzi tub, shower, toilet & bidet with a separate sink area. Good-sized walk-in closet with two luggage stands and 'real' hangers, iron/ironing board & a safe. A pair of white waffle robes and terry slippers were also provided (love them!) Livingroom had a mini-fridge, coffee/tea maker, desk/chair, flat screen TV. Would have loved if we had a microwave. A large balcony came with two loungers & a table - perfect for relaxing overlooking blue water.
>>We had slight problems with some little bugs crawling around nightstands; had to have maintenance person spray our room. Also our phone in the bedroom kept dying and alarm clock/i-pod dock broke; they had to replace it. Toilet kept running with worn flap (I guess?); again the maintenance was called.
-Restaurants: Enjoyed Calypso Breakfast Buffet every morning but Blu Seafood was my favorite with great ambience, service and outstanding seafood (my seabass was excellent.) Italian restaurant was just fine, except the service was very slow (very much island time.) Steak House gives me mixed feelings; I had 6pm reservation for two but when we arrived at 5:55pm we were told they only had tables for four but NOT for two, and asked if we wanted to sit at patio outside or share a table with other guests (!?) or wait. I said we did not wish to sit outside or wait, and would take a table for four but would not want to share with other guests. A gentleman at the reception looked unhappy but eventually seated us at a table inside very reluctantly. Service here again was very slow, however the dinner (crab/lobster cakes & a steak) was good.
-Emerald Spa: Salon, treatment rooms for facial/massage, dry sauna, steam room, whirlpool (hot/cold), shower/locker and waiting area. Went in for a facial; it was fine but sadly lacking that Fabulous, pampering, Wow-factor all together. Could use a little more revamping.
-Property: Appeared very well-kept, bright & airy lobby, pools and courtyard had nice, island-feel, helpful Tour Desk, variety of gift shops etc. >>One of the elevators was only working when it felt like it...
Overall I am pleased with my stay and recommend this resort or would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking resort in St. Kitts and Nevis, situated in Frigate Bay, offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay