I had read all the reviews before going to this resort and quite frankly I'm assuming the negative reviews come from those that aren't well traveled. The resort is beautiful. We paid more to have an oceanfront suite and it was well worth it. The rooms were huge and the view spectacular. The rest of the resort was equally nice and we enjoyed every minute of our 7 night stay the second week of July, 2012. There is seaweed in the Atlantic ocean surrounding St. Kitts. If you don't like seaweed, don't go to St. Kitts (especially the Atlantic side). The Marriott does what they can to remove it, but it's just there and impossible to remove completely. For those that find it expensive, you are right. I have never stayed at a nice resort in the Caribbean that isn't. This resort offers an all-inclusive package which we opted for and found that it was worth every penny. The service is a bit slow at times, which is typical of this part of the world. We found that if you smiled and treated the staff politely that they treated you the same in return.
We took a taxi cab tour of the island. Great way to do it! The hotel can arrange it or you can do it yourself.
My children went zip lining. They said it was great!
We took the catamaran snorkeling trip one morning. It was ok. The boat ride was great and the crew was great. The snorkeling was so-so. I wish they'd taken us to a place where there was more sea life.
Go to any of the beaches if you have the time. It's great fun!
All in all it was a great vacation and we'd love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay