“Awesome Seafood” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blu

Blu
Ranked #14 of 32 Restaurants in Frigate Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Prairie du Chien, WI
“Awesome Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

One of the better seafood restaurants I have gone too, but not the best. Expensive but MUCH better than Rock Lobster. Grilled Lobster and potato crusted grouper awesome. Really enjoyed the food.

Visited February 2013

Philadelphia, PA
“Nice View, OK Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Blu at the Marriott St Kitts is situated at the beach, so the views of the ocean while there is still sunlight are very enjoyable. At night, you basically get to see the lighting of the hotel. The wait staff is very friendly and I noticed more than once that every wait person was engaged in conversation with their customers – not the typical hit and run service we are use to in the States. Our waitress was very quick to reject for us a menu item we inquired about –the decisiveness and directness of her opinion was refreshing and appreciated. The food is ok. Our starters were so-so. My partner had a bouillabaisse that was more like a Manhattan clam chowder than a saffron-infused, French style original. It was ok. I had the crab cakes which were quite different from what we are used to in the east coast and, unfortunately, I found flavorless. The difference is that the crab cake itself is very “wet” and comprised of shredded or pureed crab, rather than lump crab meat. I am not sure what bound it together, but it wasn’t typical bread crumb filler. It was interesting but I couldn’t discern any memorable crab taste from them. Our entrees were much better. The potato encrusted grouper was a nice serving, well prepared and tasty. The vegetable accompaniment was also nicely prepared. The mash potatoes were quite good and without an overwhelming butter taste. My Caribbean lobster tail, at $41, was one of the more expensive things on the menu, and I thought well worth the price. I am guessing it was a 6-8 oz tail that tasted absolutely fresh and was well prepared. It was cooked throughout yet moist and succulent. The wine list is very limited, with perhaps 3 choices per category. Most of the lower end choices are typical liquor store varieties, except with $40 Caribbean prices (to be expected). There just isn’t a middle range. For champagne, your choice is Frexinet (the only per glass option) at about $40 to Moet at about $80. I looked at the dessert list but didn’t have any. It looked like at nice variety and at $9 each, seemingly not unreasonable. Our bill for Moet, 2 starters and 2 entrees was $215. Of interesting note, the bill comes with a 12.5% gratuity built into it so watch to not put a US style tip on top of your final bill. It was a nice experience overall, but I doubt we will return. Although this is the Islands, and a large US-based hotel, and higher prices must be expected, there are other places to try that may be more reasonably priced.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dublin
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

For a really special dinner eat here ,
The menu is lovely and the food was wonderful.
Its in The Marriott St KItts Resort and is right on the beach with wonderful view though the wall to wall glass wall that were closed the night we ate as it was a bit windy but it just made it more cosy and relaxing .
An up market restaurant with really good prices
Well worth it.

Visited June 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent service and fantastic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This restaurant is near the beach at the Marriott Resort. We ate dinner New Years Eve here. The salad bar was superb! The grilled rock lobster was excellent as well as the grilled salmon. The staff take food allergies very seriously and will ensure your meal meets your requirements. The atmosphere is nautical and tasteful. The staff could not be more gracious or accommodating. Go there!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank 2wego
Prince Frederick, MD
“Fresh!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The food was fresh and flavorful. Service was good. I really enjoyed the salad bar. We ate at Blu on Rock Lobster night. I had the lobster and my husband had the chicken. They had a steel drum band playing during dinner which added to the atmosphere.

Visited December 2012