“Chef Michael at Jam Rock”
Review of Jam Rock

Jam Rock
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Frigate Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Central on the Strip
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We visit St. Kitts 2-3 times per year and love the "undeveloped" nature of this beautiful island. Chef Michael at Jam Rock has taken beach hut food to a new level. His presentations are the most wonderful on this island. Spend a night there and fall in love with the conch chowder and the grouper or any of his wonderful jerk spiced entrees. He is a caring owner and a wonderful example of what a talented chef can do with island cuisine. We never visit the island without at least one trip to Jam Rock. Enjoy.
Ken and Wendy

1  Thank kapscales

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Said the chef to us as we were leaving. I told him he should trademark that saying because it was the best jerk chicken I've ever had. But be prepared to drink lots I cold Caribe as it is full of spice!

What an awesome beach bar. We got dropped off on the beach by captain Kevin and we had lunch there. This was one of our best experiences while on the island.

Everyone in our part of 15 thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Local beach bar with amazing food! Chef Michael is a gem in St. Kitts providing local food with Jamaican flavor for a great price. I had several meals there was never disappointed…the grouper with caper sauce, festival, vegetables, and spicy jerk pork were delicious. The ambiance is a simple authentic bar with good music. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon on South Friar’s beach with some food and drink at Jam Rock!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We absolutely loved this place. We ate here twice it was so good during our week in April 2012. To this day my friend and I still talk about how good the food was. Don't be intimidated by the restaurant itself. You will be sure to meet some great locals and enjoy some of the very best Jerk from chef Michael Clark. you'll only wish you could bring some home with you! We are headed back to St Kitts next year and cannot wait until we eat at this place again. ENJOY!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I were snorkeling over in the bay, and were thinking about grabbing a bite at Shipwreck on the beach because everyone was talking about it. When we came out of the water, we bumped into Jam Rock and stopped in, and boy was I ever glad. Their Caribbean Jerk pork and chicken are authentic Caribbean cuisine. Not "watered down" tourist food I found at other establishments. Granted, the heat is on, and these dishes arent for those who dont like food with a little life in it, but for those looking for authentic Caribbean food, at a reasonable price, and with awesome service, dont overlook this establishment just down the path from Shipwreck.