“Great food”

Ciao Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Frigate Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great authentic Italian food within walking distance of the Marriott. Excellent service with well trained and attentive staff. Friendly service Excellent value for the money.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We were a little worried when we walked in and the restaurant was empty of customers. However the food and service was great!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Talking with fellow Marriott Vacation Club Owners at the Monday morning owners breakfast at the St Kitts Marriott, we mentioned our disappointing experience at La Cucina. They chuckled and told us to walk 10 minutes toward the traffic circle and try Ciao. So we did and were glad we had done so. When we took a table outside, the waitress told us we could move inside if the mosquitoes got too bad, but there was a breeze and we didn't find the bugs too bad. However, the next morning our daughter-in-law said she'd gotten a dozen bites. But, I digress.

The food was excellent and more adventurous than what might be expected in what looks like your classic "red-checked tablecloth Italian restaurant." I had red snapper Livornese. The fish was fresh from the ocean and cooked just right, and the sauce was tangy and loaded with tomatoes, capers, and olives. My wife had lobster ravioli - plump, well-stuffed pillows of house-made pasta, with a superb saffron/sherry sauce. It made her realize just how pedestrian the lobster ravioli was at La Cucina two nights earlier. Our son had the grouper in garlic sauce and our daughter-in-law had the lobster pappardelle. Both were delicious.

Service was a bit slow, but the waitress was apologetic. We didn't mind. After all, isn't the island's motto "Rush slowly"?

2  Thank Prof-DSR
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The food and service were excellent. We found the menu to offer a wonderful selection of food
and the price on point.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Especially after all these high reviews. Complimentary bruschetta - nice touch but bread was stale, and didn't really smack of Italian bruschetta; the same with the bread basket - stale.Grillled vegetable platter was great. We have had so much great Caribbean lobster this week we thought why not try the spinach lobster ravioli and lobster ravioli with saffron sauce. Taste was great however 3 ravioli on the first plate, 4 on the second (maybe because there is no cheese in the ravioli in saffron sauce and they were slightly smaller. OK so if you a are going to do that at least serve a small side salad or put some broccoli or carrots on the plate. Ridiculous. I was so mad we skipped desert, headed to the beach bar and ate again. Disappointed in Ciao, and disappointed in my fellow reviewers. BTW no faults in service.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were at Ciao last week and it was okay. The food was good not great the service was really slow - and we are used to island time. After our plates were taken away it took 40 minutes to get our check. Our waitress seemed miffed I had not eaten much (I am recovering from surgery) and I think the service was retaliation for not eating enough as she made MANY comments about it. I really did not want to get into my medical condition so I just smiled. I would probably go back again but La Cuccina at the Marriott is better

1  Thank SlakkMike