“Best Restaurant”

Ciao Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Frigate Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great authentic Italian food within walking distance of the Marriott. Excellent service with well trained and attentive staff. Friendly service Excellent value for the money.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This restaurant was one of the best restaurants on the Island. The food was amazing. The service was wonderful and the owners were a delight

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We knew we would eat dinner at a restaurant on the strip near the Marriott but hadn't decided which one. The menu posted outside Ciao looked interesting so we decided to go in. From the moment we stepped inside, we were pleased with out decision. Our waitress, Marcella, was very friendly and attentive. The owner came to our table to explain the specials and answer our questions about the menu. My husband and I ordered the Green Lobster Ravioli- it was fabulous! Our friends were equally as pleased with their dinners. When we were finished, the owner again came to our table and we enjoyed a delightful conversation with her - and then her husband, the chef, stopped by. She then brought her camera to our table and took a picture of the four of us. We left the restaurant satisfied from eating a delicious dinner and hugging the owner and promising to return before leaving the island. You've got to try this restaurant- really!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We ate here twice while vacationing in St Kitts. The food is very authentic. The lobster ravioli was to die for. I had it both times I went, done different ways and each time it was excellent. Excellent value as well.
The owner is great and makes sure that her guests enjoy themselves. We received complimentary limoncello, which was super delicious. Highly recommend Ciao.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Had a very nice dinner this evening. Everything was fresh and tasty. You can't leave without a hug from the owner. A warm and welcoming restaurant with a great and attentive staff.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Four of my family of six walked here from the Marriott, having read the positive reviews on TA. The other two of our teenagers said they were too tired to go out to dinner. We arrived without a reservation, but the wife of the husband/wife team of owners said she would set up a table for us in a few minutes, which she made happen. They are a charming pair - very old school, authentic Italian. Drinks were served quickly, including a very nice vino rosa della casa, (reasonably priced house red wine). A complimentary bruschetta appetizer then arrived, which was very good. The food was as authentic Italian as the owners - excellent homemade pastas, good bread, and even good meat dishes. My son had the veal shank special, which was incredible - especially considering that the owner explained that they have a very hard time getting meet, especially meat on the bone on the island. My wife and young daughter each had spaghetti tomato basil, which they loved. I had the lobster pappardelle, which was also a special, ($30 for soup or appetizer, entrée and desert plus a glass of wine). It was the best pasta dish I have had since I was lucky enough to travel to Italy for two weeks in 2012. That says a lot, especially considering that we have some excellent Italian restaurants in both Philadelphia and New York. The portion sizes are quite large. Despite how much I loved my dish, and my wife and daughter theirs, we had plenty of leftovers to take back to the Marriott. Upon leaving the restaurant we got hugs and kisses from the wife, a la Italy. When we got back to the Marriott the two kids who didn't go with us quickly finished the leftovers, and begged that we return to Ciao before we returned home. Unfortunately we didn't make it back, but will when we go back to St. Kitts. Well worth a visit!