We just returned from St. Kitts (September 10-17) , where we stayed at the Timothy Beach Resort. We went with another couple and rented one of the Townhouses. The layout consisted of a studio combined with two other rooms. The studio was on the lower level and included a kitchen, dining room, king size bed (basically two twins secured together) and a bathroom with a large shower. The two bedrooms were upstairs and each had a king size bed (two twins secured together) and 2 full baths. One bedroom had an extremely large balcony with lounging chairs and a table. that gives you a partial view of the water. The other bedroom had a small balcony that only allowed you to stand.
Our accomodations were very clean and comfortable. The kitchenette had your basic needs, coffee maker, stove refrigerator and microwave. The bedrooms upstairs also have a tiny refrigerator in them. Housekeeping was wonderful. The resort is on a narrow strip of land on the SE side of the island where their beach is on the Caribbean side, but it is less than a 10 minute walk to the Atlantic Ocean and the Marriott hotel and other condos in the area.
There are no laundry facilities at the resort. Items that we washed by hand were dry by the end of the day, when we hung them out to dry on the balcony. The staff in the office and housekeeping were amazing.
If you are an animal lover, you will notice about 10 cats and kittens through out the property. They are aliitle shy but are no bother at all. I was impressed that someone was doing a Trap,Neuter and Release program in order to keep the cat population under control. I wish more resorts were that humane and active in controlling the pet population. If you notice their left ear is missing the tip, that lets you know that these animals have been spayed/neutered. The cats pretty much fend for themselves for food, but there were people like us that bought a bag of cat food and put food out once a day. We saw no rodents at all, so the cats are doing a service too.
The evenings were quiet and we felt complete privacy during our stay. You can see the Marriott and other condos bunched together from the resort, but Timothy Beach Resort is more secluded and set off by itself. The two little restaurants/bars (Monkey Bar and the Shiggity Shack) were steps away from our Townhouse. The food, service and frozen drinks were amazing. Cleo was our waitress for dinner at the Monkey bar and provided us excellent and prompt service. My husband and I ate at the Blue Restaurant at the Marriott for lunch one day, and even though there were only 4 other couples in the restaurant and several waitresses, it took 45 minutes to get a Cobb salad and Fish and chips. If you go there, don't wait until you are hungry to go due to the slow service.
We snorkled a lot while we were there. The best beaches that we found to snorkle were at Timothy Beach and Cockleshell Beach. As you are facing the water you will want to go off to the far left on both. We saw amazing and colorful corals and tropical fish, sea fans, sea anenomes, sea urchins, baby squid, a baby octopus curled up in the rocks, just to name a few amazing finds. We found the best times to go were between 2-5 p.m. We ventured out all along the rocky area in both of these areas. You will see some amazing things at the rocky area that juts out from Timothy beach on the left, but if you continue to the left along the rocky edge towards the tall rock formation that sits alone off the rocky edge you will be amazed at the beautiful coral and marine life.
We had most of our meals at our Townhouse. The best grocery store to shop at is the IGA store in town. The produce was by far fresher and they had a greater selection than the Ram's in town. We rented a car in order to explore the area. It used to be under British rule so you drive on the opposite side of the road. It was $62 to get a temporary driver's license. We rented through Thrifty and if you want to visit Nevi for the day, they will allow you to have one of their rentals over there without charging you extra.
If we visit the island again, we will definitely stay at the Timothy Beach Resort. Each room has an air-conditioning unit that keeps the place cool. If you check into other condos or private villas and they say they don't have air-conditioning because the constant trade winds keep the place cool, I wouldn't chance staying there because it is a hot island. I wouldn't stay any place that doesn't have air-conditioning. We visited the Brimstone Fort, which is at a considerable elevation, and it was just as hot and humid to me as it was at sea level.
The day we left we were surprised that the airport waiting area had no air-conditioning. I don't know if that is how it always is or if it just happened to be out of service that day. I was extremely hot in there and like us people were sweating considerably. So wear shorts and a cool top on departure just in case.
Kelly/ Pittsburgh, PA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on St. Kitts golden Caribbean beach, Timothy Beach Resort offers: •The only hotel in the upscale golf community of Frigate Bay located directly on the Caribbean beach •Friendly, gracious staff who are delighted to help make your vacation your best ever by arranging tours, activities & reservations •Lovely modern air conditioned rooms all of which feature premium channel cable TV and Free WIFI •Deluxe One Bedroom Suites with recently remodeled walk-in Kittitian Rainforest Showers and spacious furnished balconies adding an additional outdoor living space to your home away from home. •Two Bedroom Suite and Townhouse Options •A recently redesigned and rebuilt pool providing private relaxation and a commanding view of the Caribbean beach •The oceanfront Sunset Cafe restaurant and bar open daily for all meals and snacks •The popular Dock bar directly on the sands of Frigate Bay beach with Happy Hour Monday through Friday and Sunday live entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Timothy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timothy Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Resort St. Kitts/Frigate Bay