“Not Good. Not worth the Cost.”

Timothy Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Frigate Bay
Dildo, Canada
“Not Good. Not worth the Cost.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Timothy Beach Resort, St. Kitts. What can I say? We did not enjoy you. From your snotty (literally and personality) reception staff, to your rude waitresses, to your lack of cream for coffee, to your lumpy squeeky beds pushed together to make a king and to the music that rocked our room until 4 in the morning. You suck. I wouldn't let my worst enemy stay at Timothy Beach for their vacation.

You know what got me the most? I was standing waiting for a taxi one morning. One of your recption women walked out the door, shnarfted snot to the back of her throat and then horked it in the garden at the reception door. Right in front of me and about 6 other people standing there.

The "beach" is non-existant and your pictures show sand that is creamy instead of black sand. Rows of beach chairs show on websites but there is a ladder into the ocean at Timothy Beach. No beach, except for a teeny tiny strip in front of the restaurant shacks. I get sands shifting but when were your pictures taken? 1920? The sand gets me the most, tho. Black black black! And HOT on your feet. Couldn't even take off my flips.

Shacks down the beach - need some serious attention. If you like sitting at a picknick table for every meal, that is fine but the shacks are ex.pen.sive and mostly pool side BBQ food.

Island needs some serious customer service and tourism training.

Oh - almost forgot. One day, I left my room. Aircon was turned off completely when I arrived back in the evening. Must have been 120F degrees in there. I almost passed out from the heat. Probably cost you more to re-aircon the room instead of your maid just leaving it at 28c degrees... Just sayin'. No luxury at Timothy Beach folks.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! If you need a holiday with sleep and beach - don't book.
8 Thank Fireh0se

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Just back from 33 days at TBR and everything was brilliant. Reception staff could not have been more helpful, one of the girls even lent us a teapot from her home as my husband drinks 3 cups of tea to start his day. Laurel and Tamisha quickly granted any requests and made dinner reservations. My husband developed a tummy (not fault of TBR) and as no doctors available over Easter weekend, Sharon suggested a visit to hospital outpatients where he was very well looked after. Richard answered all our queries re television channels, restaurant recommendations etc. Clovis and Juliette looked after our alcoholic needs/desires excellently, and Donna kept our apartment pristine. So a huge thank you to all the staff at the resort.
I used to live in St. Kitts as a child so it has been great to return and see all the changes which have taken place. Back in the day you couldn't access the southern peninsula so its wonderful to be able to travel to all those fabulous beaches. We hired a car from Bullseye Rental and would highly recommend their service - car was waiting for us at airport and we paid the day after our arrival at their office, and were able to leave the car at the airport for collection after our departure. Thanks to Carol for looking after us.
Restaurants worth a visit include La Belle Vie, Marshalls, La Cucina - good food but at same price as at home in Ireland. Also went to Full Moon Party at the Beach House but were underwhelmed with this experience.
Overall a magical trip and we're only sorry we cannot return every year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Anacortes, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed at the Timothy Beach Resort last month when transiting from a cruise ship I was working on. I found this resort on this site, and because I was paying my own way, I was careful about price. This place was just what I was looking for. Clean, convenient, and just a little bit funky. Food and drink were excellent, as well as the service.

I had no desire to stay a the big chain hotel on the island.

Very happy with my decision, I will go back.

Room Tip: I had mountain view and was happy. I suppose one could ask for the ocean side.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Millinocket, ME USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I needed to find a hotel room for one night before flying back to the US. With many options available I decided to give the Timothy Beach Resort a try. Our third floor room proved to have a great view of Frigate Bay and had a nice Caribbean touch in the decor. We wanted to go to the beach the morning of our departure and they were very accommodating, allowing us to have a late check out. It was great to be able to shower and clean up before our long flights home.
We also enjoyed the adjacent Sunset Cafe for excellent dinner and breakfast fare at reasonable prices while overlooking the Caribbean.

Room Tip: Friday night beach bars had loud music until late in the night. If quality sleep is a must, you mig...
1 Thank Doug K
Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I just returned from a one-week stay at Timothy Beach resort with my parents in law, brother-in-law, husband, and two small children (ages 2 and 3). I got nervous when we first pulled up because honestly the pale blue paint makes this place look not as nice as it truly is. We found my small family's one bedroom condo to be extremely spacious. The housekeepers do an excellent job every day. The one negative is that I could never figure out how to get the hot water in the shower to work, but it's really not that big of a deal with this kind of climate. My daughters enjoyed seeing all of the monkeys running around. The kitchen was very adequate to cook most of our meals in. The wildly popular Shikkidy Shack is right across the street. Personally, we did not find this restaurant to be that fantastic but everyone else seems to. The best meal we had there was at Rock Lobster, which is a short hop away. A big bonus to this place is that it is located on the calm Caribbean side of the island and there are also other spectacular beaches that are a very short drive away. We seemed to be the only people out at the pool every day, which was a very nice area to relax in.

If you are looking for an extremely affordable place that is in a great location, I would pick this place.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Bextel
Staunton, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Timothy's Beach Resort from March 31st to April 4th and I must say it was worth the price of admission. Our room was on the second level and we had our own private deck with a table and 2 chairs and 2 chaise lounges. We overlooked Frigate Bay with its beautiful sunsets and sailboats floating in the waters right off shore. Our room was very nice. We had a king bed, tons of closet space, nice bathroom with a shower, a mini fridge(which we really appreciated), and a coffee pot. We met a great taxi driver named P.J.at the airport and he took us all around the island. The beach in front of the resort was nice, but it had suffered some erosion over the winter, according to P.J. There was not much to see with your snorkel, but the water was beautiful blue and clear as a swimming pool. There was good food to be had in the attached open air Sunset Café. Watch out for those Rum Punches at the open air bar. They gave us a coupon for a free drink and it about did me in, but I did enjoy meeting all the very friendly people at the bar. The pool area is very nice lots of shade or sun, according to your preference. Down the beach from the hotel are local restaurants which do offer great food despite their outward appearance. There are not many hotel properties on St. Kitts and the ones we saw, besides Timothy's, were very expensive. This is a great clean place to stay for a very good price.

Room Tip: Get an upper level room if you can handle the stairs. the view is wonderful. Watch out for the resid...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

If you are looking for luxury, think again. This place was one of the most laid back and comfortable places I've stayed and the staff truly felt like family. I felt as welcome as next of kin with all my new friends. Great views, great local cuisine on site and seconds walk down the beach. Felt like home. Snorkeling was easy and sunsets were amazing. Monkeys, monkeys, monkeys all across the hill and side of the grounds. Definitely recommend paying the little extra for the ocean side rooms if you like the balcony as much as we do. The views didn't disappoint. Thanks for a great trip TBR.

Brett

Room Tip: Hard beds are the thing, but we weren't in our rooms much. Ocean side is the key.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frigate Bay
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Royal St. Kitts Hotel
Royal St. Kitts Hotel
#3 of 4 in Frigate Bay

Been to Timothy Beach Resort? Share your experiences!