“Paradise regained”

Timothy Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Frigate Bay
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Just back from 33 days at TBR and everything was brilliant. Reception staff could not have been more helpful, one of the girls even lent us a teapot from her home as my husband drinks 3 cups of tea to start his day. Laurel and Tamisha quickly granted any requests and made dinner reservations. My husband developed a tummy (not fault of TBR) and as no doctors available over Easter weekend, Sharon suggested a visit to hospital outpatients where he was very well looked after. Richard answered all our queries re television channels, restaurant recommendations etc. Clovis and Juliette looked after our alcoholic needs/desires excellently, and Donna kept our apartment pristine. So a huge thank you to all the staff at the resort.
I used to live in St. Kitts as a child so it has been great to return and see all the changes which have taken place. Back in the day you couldn't access the southern peninsula so its wonderful to be able to travel to all those fabulous beaches. We hired a car from Bullseye Rental and would highly recommend their service - car was waiting for us at airport and we paid the day after our arrival at their office, and were able to leave the car at the airport for collection after our departure. Thanks to Carol for looking after us.
Restaurants worth a visit include La Belle Vie, Marshalls, La Cucina - good food but at same price as at home in Ireland. Also went to Full Moon Party at the Beach House but were underwhelmed with this experience.
Overall a magical trip and we're only sorry we cannot return every year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed at the Timothy Beach Resort last month when transiting from a cruise ship I was working on. I found this resort on this site, and because I was paying my own way, I was careful about price. This place was just what I was looking for. Clean, convenient, and just a little bit funky. Food and drink were excellent, as well as the service.

I had no desire to stay a the big chain hotel on the island.

Very happy with my decision, I will go back.

Room Tip: I had mountain view and was happy. I suppose one could ask for the ocean side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I needed to find a hotel room for one night before flying back to the US. With many options available I decided to give the Timothy Beach Resort a try. Our third floor room proved to have a great view of Frigate Bay and had a nice Caribbean touch in the decor. We wanted to go to the beach the morning of our departure and they were very accommodating, allowing us to have a late check out. It was great to be able to shower and clean up before our long flights home.
We also enjoyed the adjacent Sunset Cafe for excellent dinner and breakfast fare at reasonable prices while overlooking the Caribbean.

Room Tip: Friday night beach bars had loud music until late in the night. If quality sleep is a must, you mig...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doug K
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I just returned from a one-week stay at Timothy Beach resort with my parents in law, brother-in-law, husband, and two small children (ages 2 and 3). I got nervous when we first pulled up because honestly the pale blue paint makes this place look not as nice as it truly is. We found my small family's one bedroom condo to be extremely spacious. The housekeepers do an excellent job every day. The one negative is that I could never figure out how to get the hot water in the shower to work, but it's really not that big of a deal with this kind of climate. My daughters enjoyed seeing all of the monkeys running around. The kitchen was very adequate to cook most of our meals in. The wildly popular Shikkidy Shack is right across the street. Personally, we did not find this restaurant to be that fantastic but everyone else seems to. The best meal we had there was at Rock Lobster, which is a short hop away. A big bonus to this place is that it is located on the calm Caribbean side of the island and there are also other spectacular beaches that are a very short drive away. We seemed to be the only people out at the pool every day, which was a very nice area to relax in.

If you are looking for an extremely affordable place that is in a great location, I would pick this place.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Bextel
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Timothy's Beach Resort from March 31st to April 4th and I must say it was worth the price of admission. Our room was on the second level and we had our own private deck with a table and 2 chairs and 2 chaise lounges. We overlooked Frigate Bay with its beautiful sunsets and sailboats floating in the waters right off shore. Our room was very nice. We had a king bed, tons of closet space, nice bathroom with a shower, a mini fridge(which we really appreciated), and a coffee pot. We met a great taxi driver named P.J.at the airport and he took us all around the island. The beach in front of the resort was nice, but it had suffered some erosion over the winter, according to P.J. There was not much to see with your snorkel, but the water was beautiful blue and clear as a swimming pool. There was good food to be had in the attached open air Sunset Café. Watch out for those Rum Punches at the open air bar. They gave us a coupon for a free drink and it about did me in, but I did enjoy meeting all the very friendly people at the bar. The pool area is very nice lots of shade or sun, according to your preference. Down the beach from the hotel are local restaurants which do offer great food despite their outward appearance. There are not many hotel properties on St. Kitts and the ones we saw, besides Timothy's, were very expensive. This is a great clean place to stay for a very good price.

Room Tip: Get an upper level room if you can handle the stairs. the view is wonderful. Watch out for the resid...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2014

If you are looking for luxury, think again. This place was one of the most laid back and comfortable places I've stayed and the staff truly felt like family. I felt as welcome as next of kin with all my new friends. Great views, great local cuisine on site and seconds walk down the beach. Felt like home. Snorkeling was easy and sunsets were amazing. Monkeys, monkeys, monkeys all across the hill and side of the grounds. Definitely recommend paying the little extra for the ocean side rooms if you like the balcony as much as we do. The views didn't disappoint. Thanks for a great trip TBR.

Brett

Room Tip: Hard beds are the thing, but we weren't in our rooms much. Ocean side is the key.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Our stay was from March 13 to March 23, 2014. The property is very well located with easy access to restaurants and nightlife by walking and by car. We typically ate breakfast at the hotel which was usually a 1 1/2 hour experience. Don't plan on fast anything at the hotel as the service is super laid back. The rooms are spotless and the staff responsive although they did forget to service our room one day. By all means get an ocean view room as it is a delightful start to the evening to relax with a glass of wine prior to leaving for dinner. There is really no beach, just a path with some grass, sand and concrete with chairs and umbrellas but there is access to the water and it is easy to negotiate the patches of rocks and stay in the sandy areas while swimming. A public beach adjoins the property plus there are excellent beach clubs like the Shipwreck (best fish tacos for lunch) Reggae Beach and Carambola Beach Club (a deluxe place with an excellent restaurant open for lunch and dinner but more expensive than Shipwreck or Reggae Beach for chair and umbrella rentals.) In addition to Carambola for dinner, Mr. X's next door to the hotel has a Thursday night dinner with good entertainment but you need to get there by 6:30 to get a table. Serendipity and the Spice Mill were excellent. Lunch at the Spice Mill was OK but I had a superb fish special for dinner. Perhaps one of the best fish preparations I've ever had. The hotel beach bar didn't open until late afternoon except on weekends. There was always an interesting crowd there at happy hour. As other's have noted there are monkeys early morning and early evening plus and assortment of chickens, cats and mongoose roaming around at any particular time. Beware the alpha male monkey will sit near you at breakfast and suddenly grab your toast from your plate. Driving is generally not a problem as there is not much traffic except in Basseterre. Beware, some stop signs are painted on the road only, no signs. This island is laid back and not overrun with tourists except for the cruise ship people who are generally at a location for an hour or two. It is worth a trip to Nevis to visit some of the plantation resorts which are beautiful but expensive. No bugs other than a few outdoor "palmetto bugs" and an occasional centipede. We were advised to avoid the centipedes and a sting would entail a trip to the hospital but we only saw two in ten days. Pretty much bug free. The hotel and the location was great and our trip was wonderful. Don't be in a hurry, just go with the flow. You'll find it a pleasant departure from large cookie cutter hotels. We will go back!

Room Tip: Go for an ocean view room as they have a nice large porch and a good view of the sunset. Mountain v...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Royal St. Kitts Hotel
Royal St. Kitts Hotel
#3 of 4 in Frigate Bay

Been to Timothy Beach Resort? Share your experiences!