I have stayed at this resort twice. The first time I had issues with the preparation of the room for my arrival, as I found that I had to clean the cupboards and drawers in the kitchenette, and wash dishes that had cracker crumbs left over from previous guests. I had to clean the vanity serface in the bathroom, but drew a line at the bath which was quite dirty. When I requested first thing in the morning that it be cleaned so that I could use it, I had to place a second call to the front desk at 3:30pm before someone actually arrived and cleaned up. The rest of my first stay was without issue and so I booked a second stay.
I am now at the start of this second stay.
This time the room was clean on check in on Sunday. The desk clerk was very pleasant and welcoming, and even arranged to have my 18th century wall hairdryer in the bathroom upgraded to a modern one.
However, the cable signal was weak and noisy and the TV picture appeared scrambled and so it was impossible to watch. I reported it immediately and was told that it would be addressed on Monday when the maintenance team arrived. On Monday evening nothing had changed, and the new desk clerk had no idea that there had been a report made, but promised that she would follow up and ensure that reports were made and addressed on Tuesday.
On Tuesday morning before I left for the day, I reminded the front desk clerk of my complaint and had to go state the problem again from scratch, just as I had to do the other times that I called. On Tuesday night on seeing that nothing had changed I again called the front desk. This clerk again had no clue what I was talking about, and had no idea about anything. I give up!!!!!!!
If all goes well it is a reasonably quiet decent place, but that is as long as you do not require anything to be rectified. There is no passing on of complaints and no-one takes responsibility for anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on St. Kitts golden Caribbean beach, Timothy Beach Resort offers: •The only hotel in the upscale golf community of Frigate Bay located directly on the Caribbean beach •Friendly, gracious staff who are delighted to help make your vacation your best ever by arranging tours, activities & reservations •Lovely modern air conditioned rooms all of which feature premium channel cable TV and Free WIFI •Deluxe One Bedroom Suites with recently remodeled walk-in Kittitian Rainforest Showers and spacious furnished balconies adding an additional outdoor living space to your home away from home. •Two Bedroom Suite and Townhouse Options •A recently redesigned and rebuilt pool providing private relaxation and a commanding view of the Caribbean beach •The oceanfront Sunset Cafe restaurant and bar open daily for all meals and snacks •The popular Dock bar directly on the sands of Frigate Bay beach with Happy Hour Monday through Friday and Sunday live entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Timothy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timothy Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Resort St. Kitts/Frigate Bay