SBC would be an apt metaphor for the island in general, lacking glitz and world fame but simple and wonderful just the same. I feel bad for St. Kitts- no, the beaches aren't like Cancun or Punta Cana; Basseterre isn't Cabo. It's understandable why people choose other destinations in the Caribbean. Good for them. That leaves quiet places like St. Kitts for the rest of us.
SBC was underutilized when I stayed in January. I saw only a handful of other couples. As a result, amenities such as a spa or pool bar were all closed. The place was very clean and kept up well. It's older and in need of investment. For the price we paid, it was a great value. The beds were great. The pools were very nice.
SBC is right on the Caribbean and sits along a long beach. It is only a nice 10 minute walk to the Atlantic side. There are bars and restaurants on the Atlantic side. But the Indian restaurant attached to SBC is fantastic, just as everyone says. There is a taxi stand several yards away. The fare to the airport was cheap and fixed so I didn't feel like I got taken. There is a grocery store next to SBC that the locals shop at. In short, SBC is in a great location. We rented a motor scooter from Sunny Blue and drove around the island. Very professional. (don't let the office of a storage container fool you). Contact Winston at 869-664-8755. I highly recommend it.
I've travelled a lot, and I have to say the people of St. Kitts, to a person, are the friendliest wherever I've been. I've never felt safer. If you save up for a once in a lifetime or decade trip, this probably isn't a resort for you. But if you like to take several trips a year, maybe for 5-6 days at a time, this place is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sugar Bay Club Hotel is located in the lively Frigate Bay area of St. Kitts and our property is set amidst five acres of beautifully landscaped gardens on the Atlantic Ocean. We offer four restaurants on property, a duty free liquor store, a souvenir shop, an Express Mart and two fresh water swimming pools. Our St. Kitts Hotel is perfect for a relaxing tropical vacation. The Sugar Bay Club Hotel has eighty-nine rooms and suites. We offer amenities such as complimentary wireless internet access, air conditioning, cable TV, telephone, hairdryers, refrigerators, microwaves, tea/coffee making facilities, kitchenettes and private patio or balcony. Choose your view of the Atlantic Ocean, our vibrant garden or one of our two swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sugar Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Bay Club Hotel Frigate Bay
- Sugar Bay Club St. Kitts/Frigate Bay