I recently stayed here for one night. It's an interesting place, I think the rooms are old condos now renovated to high standards.
Walking in, the lobby is large and nice and nicely furnished. There was no way to book online, I has to call to book, but they had my reservation and staff was very helpful and professional. The units themselves don't look like much from the outside, but inside they are very, very nice. This would be a great long stay option because the units are like modern condos with large fridges, etc. I think they rent some out long term, and they also seem to be selling some under the tag line "vacation for life st. kitts" -- you can do a google search for more info and photos. The units all have flat screen TVs, great bedding, walk in showers, etc. They may be condos that people bought and then put back into the rental pool, I don't know.
My unit was on the high (first) floor and kind of looked over a chain link fence with barbed wire on top of it; had I been on the ground floor I would have been looking right through the fence.The grounds of the complex aren't particularly nice - it's not on the beach, the golf course is a bit scruffy, there are 1 or 2 pools and they looked serviceable but not all that great.
Location is generally good; the Frigate Bay area has some shops/hotels/restaurants within walking distance but not that many. There is a taxi stand about 50-100 meters from the hotel where there are always taxis to take you anywhere in St Kitts for the regulated fixed price.
This is good choice for business travelers, people traveling solo, people who want to self-cater. Maybe not a great choice for honeymooners looking for a beach resort, but I'm sure even they could do much worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal St. Kitts Hotel, a family-run business formerly known as Jack Tar Village for over 20 years, is back with a new look, feel, and focus on Kittitian Culture. Here, you'll rediscover your playful side and learn what it means to "lime", a Kittitian term for hanging out and just getting away from it all. Our Kittitian-focused philosophy, which aims to deliver an authentic island experience, is infused into every aspect of our services and facilities. It's no wonder then that Royal St. Kitts Hotel won the Most Creative Business Award at the St. Kitts Tourism Authority's 2008-09 Tourism Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal St. Kitts Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal St. Kitts Hotel Frigate Bay
- Royal St. Kitts Hotel And Casino
- Hotel Royal St Kitts