Having visited the queens last year for food, we decided to come and stay for 2 nights. In arrival we were shown to our room by a friendly member of staff and shown all the facilities, our room was absolutely gorgeous, stylish and chic. We went into the bar which was so cosy and friendly, locals chatted to us and the beer is lovely, some of the best I have had. Dining in the restaurant is a treat. Couldn't decide from the list of local produce on offer. All home made, delicious. I can recommend the chocolate brioche bread and butter pudding. The staff are friendly, attentive and nothing is too much trouble. After dinner we relaxed in the bar with a pint or 2 of real ale and listened to local stories. Breakfast takes alot of beating. The sausages from the butchers next door have won awards. The waitress informed us of things to do. All in all the queens is a lovely place to stay. The owners should be very proud of the what they have achieved. We'll definately be back. Thank you so much for a lovely stay, can't wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Queens Head is a family run inn with smart en-suite rooms, relaxed atmosphere, friendly bar and helpful staff. The attractive restaurant has comfortable high backed upholstered chairs where the bar / a la carte menu or the daily blackboard are available lunch and dinner, or if you prefer, eat in the bar. There is a patio garden and free private car park. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Queens Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Queens Head Hotel Rothbury
- The Queens Head Northumberland/Rothbury